Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polite DV Response - NOW WHAT?

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Polite DV Response - NOW WHAT?

I'd make sure it's explicitly stated in there that you need the agreement in writing.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

Mauve - they don't have our phone number and haven't tried contacting us by phone, so in writing is the only way to get to us.

Thank you so much for your positive responses - I felt buoyed up and was about to mail the letter off.  But then I happened to see that in his letter to me the CEO had included his email address.  So I thought why not and emailed him a copy of my letter.  Within 10 minutes he emailed back:

"Good afternoon,

In reviewing the account, I see that we received validation of the account on 5/10/2010 and it was forwarded to your attention on the 11th.  However, to look at the details of your email, we will delete in full any tradeline activity that has appeared on your credit bureau reports.  The total balance due is $135.67.  This will be done immediately upon receipt of the payment or once the payment clears if the payment is sent by personal check.

With regards to credit bureau reporting, the account was originally listed with our office on January 10, 2010.  The initial collection letter was forwarded on 1/11/2010 and contained the appropriate notices as required.  However, as noted, we will delete all information from all credit bureaus upon receipt of your payment.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Gregory Straub, Esq

Omni Credit Services

800 305-6664

Jeff – I have updated the account with the address shown below.  Also, please watch for the payment and have all credit bureau info deleted upon receipt."

YAYY!!!

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 12 of 15
mauve
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

I was referring to your not asking for the agreement to delete to be explicitly in writing, not that they respond in writing:

"However, in the spirit of compromise, I can overlook this if you are willing to remove the account from my credit reports upon receipt of payment."

That doesn't explicitly say that you want them to include a specific agreement in writing regarding that deletion.  Glad they did it, though! 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
Boldilocks
Established Contributor

The collection was removed today - that was relatively painless, phew!  Better believe I opted out about 3 weeks ago - something I should have done PRIOR to mortgage hunting, obviously!  Smiley Wink

Current scores: EQ 736, TU - 732
Message 14 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, Boldilocks!!!!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.