cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porftolio Recovery strange reporting (deletion success)

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Porftolio Recovery strange reporting...

@los_west wrote:
Something similar happened to me. They reported different things to different bureaus and made it seem like I made payment when I didn't even know the account existed! I filed a complaint with BBB. It took 2 weeks but PRA agreed to close the account and remove their trade lines from all my reports.

also, did you *only* contact the BBB or did you dispute with PRA too?

Message 11 of 41
los_west
Regular Contributor

I disputed with the CRA first, but somehow the info came back verified....which made no sense. So I DV PRA, but kept it simple---didnt want to give them any extra info if I didnt have to-- and didn't hear from them. So I filed a complaint with BBB specifying the problems I had with the account.
Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 12 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

then maybe I will skip even bothering sending anything to PRA and go right to the BBB.

It is ridiculous how many times I've heard of these people not responding to ANYTHING. Thanks....did you file w/BBB online?

Message 13 of 41
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When sending a direct dispute and they do not respond directly to you within 30 days, that is an FCRA violation.  They could be sued.

Message 14 of 41
los_west
Regular Contributor

Yes, the BBB dispute was online. Quick and simple....and they keep the file and contact you electronically. No waiting for snail mail!
Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 15 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

awesome thank you, I will be doing this today and post back here when I have a response. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 41
mojo_ny
New Contributor

I have an account with them that I already paid in full. I just checked my report and sure enough.... They report it as 120 days late!!!!

Does this mean I can try to have them remove it from my report? Still a bit confused on whether I file with them or just go straight to the BBB. If I do file with the BBB how can I notify Portfolio trecovery so they will take action to move on the reporting?

Starting Score: 603 - EQ, 534 - TU, 669 - EX FAKO
Current Score: 647- EQ, 534 - TU,669 - EX FAKO, 674 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 41
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@mojo_ny wrote:

I have an account with them that I already paid in full. I just checked my report and sure enough.... They report it as 120 days late!!!!

Does this mean I can try to have them remove it from my report? Still a bit confused on whether I file with them or just go straight to the BBB. If I do file with the BBB how can I notify Portfolio trecovery so they will take action to move on the reporting?

If you a little harder, you'll see that on EQ they are also reporting the following:

Account = Open

Type = Original Creditor

The theory is that by them listing the account as open, original creditor and it reporting as an installment loan (which we all know is BS), further dings your EQ report. There is some debate about this opinions vary widely on the subject.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 18 of 41
mojo_ny
New Contributor

So I guess my best bet may be to go directly to the better business bureu with this?

Starting Score: 603 - EQ, 534 - TU, 669 - EX FAKO
Current Score: 647- EQ, 534 - TU,669 - EX FAKO, 674 TU FAKO
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 41
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Good luck.

I've been told 4-5 times already to "go pound sand".

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.