cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porftolio Recovery strange reporting (deletion success)

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Porftolio Recovery strange reporting...

they have until June 14 to counter-respond. Depending on their response then I guess I will have to do that. Also sent you a PM.

But what in the world did they just do?

Message 31 of 41
guiness56
Epic Contributor

From the before to the after, all they did was remove the payment history.  Everything else is the same.  It shows you started making $50 payments in April 2011.  At one point the balance was $728.  If you haven't made any payments, them reporting you did is a violation of the FCRA for inaccurate reporting.

Message 32 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

they also changed the OC name, and it now says reported as of May 2013 instead of 2009. I received alerts that it was a 'new collection'! The red blocks of history are gone, but Experian still shows the account history 'list' so whatever they were trying to do did not cover up their tracks but made things worse for me!

Not sure if you saw my update but I had found an old CR from 2011 that shows exactly when they started posting fake $50 payments, which was June 2010. I would say they are definitely caught in violation, and just blatantly lied in the BBB response. I absolutely did not make any payments to them.

Jan 2011: $692 / no data / no data / $50
Dec 2010: $690 / no data / no data / $50
Nov 2010: $688 / no data / no data / $50
Oct 2010: $685 / no data / no data / $50
Sep 2010: $683 / no data / no data / $50
Aug 2010: $682 / no data / no data / $50
Jul 2010: $679 / no data / no data / $50
Jun 2010: $677 / no data / no data / $50
May 2010: $675 / no data / no data / no data
Apr 2010: $672 / no data / no data / no data
Mar 2010: $670 / no data / no data / no data
Feb 2010: $668 / no data / no data / no data
Jan 2010: $666 / no data / no data / no data
Dec 2009: $664 / no data / no data / no data
Nov 2009: $662 / no data / no data / no data
Oct 2009: $659 / no data / no data / no data
Sep 2009: $658 / no data / no data / no data
Aug 2009: $656 / no data / no data / no data
Jul 2009: $653 / no data / no data / no data
Jun 2009: $651 / no data / no data / no data
May 2009: $649 / no data / no data / no data

Message 33 of 41
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Technically the OC name is correct. Doesn't one own the other?  As for the reported since date, that is the date the OC name changed which wouldn't really be wrong and has no impact on your score.

On the before one you posted shows April 2011 as making payments.  Which is 2 months prior to June.

Message 34 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

but why in the world would they suddenly change that information after my complaint? And how can it not be bad for my CR when I received alerts that it's a new collection account?

I'm confused as to what you are seeing with the account history...apparently as time goes on, older account history drops off. That's why when you see the report info from 2011, you can see exactly when they started reporting $50 payments, which was June 2010. Since it's 3 years later, you can't see that far back on the newer reports.

Regardless, I have never made a payment to them. I have also found they were reporting $50 payments to Equifax.

Message 35 of 41
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sorry.  I misread and was seeing you post June 2011 and not 2010. 

Did your score drop?  Was the account updating monthly before your complaint?  The only way your score would have dropped would be if they had not been reporting monthly and suddenly did after 4 years.

No matter what, if you didn't make any payments and they are saying you did that is a violation and needs to be remedied.  If you file a direct dispute with the OC and they fail to respond within 30 days or say there is nothing wrong, when clearly there is, your next step would be a civil suit.

Message 36 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure about the score because I don't get scorewatch anymore, I wouldn't know about a real FICO drop until the end of the month on my DCU monthly FICO.

They were already reporting monthly though. But yeah i def did not make any payments to them. They say in their response they didn't do anything wrong but you can see that is not true....

Message 37 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

they finally caved after I provided proof showing the fake payments, and are deleting from all 3 CR's. They are already gone from Experian YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! Now just gotta be on the lookout for a new CA taking it over but if that happens I at least know the proper DV route and all that...

oh, want to add they blamed the CRA's LOL but said they would delete anyway.

Message 38 of 41
WillF360
Regular Contributor

Re: Porftolio Recovery strange reporting (deletion success)

Did they call and you talked to them, or strictly via email? Congrats.

In the Garden since 9/15/13... Goal Date 4/15/14 (WISH ME LUCK)
Closed on First Home 9/13/2013: USDA RURAL HOUSING
Lender Pull 7/25- EQ 673, EX 693, TU 670
Credit Card Approvals: 9/15- Discover It $4500; Chase Freedom $3500; Amex Blue $5000
Goal Score: 720 | Starting Scores (2/12): EQ 493, EX 521, TU 463
Message 39 of 41
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Porftolio Recovery strange reporting (deletion success)

I did it online through the BBB. Heard too many stories of them playing games. They even tried to hide what they were doing in my situation until I provided proof.

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.