Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio CA Question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio CA Question?

So I pulled one of my reports and got to really looking at it. I thought that I read on here somewhere that CO could not report a payment history? Am I looking at this correct that they are reporting a payment history?

This is the first of that ones that I was going to tackle because it is one of the lower amounts

PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASS

Account Type

Collection

Terms

1 Month

Date Opened

08/01/2013

Account Status

Closed

Payment Status

Late

Payment Status Details

Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Status Updated

11/01/2013

Balance

$390.00

Past Due Amount

$390.00

Contact Phone

(800) 772-1413

Contact Address

120 CORPORATE BLVD STE 1, NORFOLK, VA 23502

Ownership

Individual

Original Creditor

GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK

Company Sold-to

-

Original Amount

$390.00

Comments

-

Payment History

2014                             2015                                                                 2016

May- Failed to pay         Jan - Failed to pay          Sep- Failed to pay          Jan- Failed to pay

Jun- Failed to pay          Feb- Failed to pay          Oct- Failed to pay          Feb- Failed to pay

Jul- Failed to pay           Mar- Failed to pay          Nov- Failed to pay         Mar- Failed to pay

Aug- Failed to pay         Apr- Failed to pay          Dec- Failed to pay          Apr- Failed to pay

Sep- Failed to pay          May - Failed to pay                                            May- Failed to pay

Oct- Failed to pay          Jun- Failed to pay

Nov- Failed to pay         Jul- Failed to pay

Dec- Failed to pay          Aug- Failed to pay

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Portfolio CA Question?

It looks like it. The "failed to pay" seems like it shouldn't be there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I dispute this?

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Many commercial credit reports merge information on an OC account with that of the related collection.

Often information is shown under a collection heading that was not specifically reported by the debt collector.

I would suspect that is your case, as "Failed to pay" is not an actual Metro 2 designation that is reported under Payment History.

The specific type and level of delinquency is included.

I would suggest first ordering a copy of your credit report from annualcreditreport,com or directly from one of the CRAs before simply assuming that a debt collector has reported something.

If in doubt, you can of course dispute, but the outcome will only be correction or deletin of that information from the collection reporting, and would not be basis for deletion of other information reported by the debt collector, or deletion of the entire collection.

Personally, you may need their good will if you decide to offer a PFD, so I would reserve any dispute for a later time after other more important issues have been resolved.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You!

I will order it and check it out.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.