Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Assistance Guidance Needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery Assistance Guidance Needed

Just got PRA added to my report for a CAP1 CC that was charged off with a DOFD around the end of 2012.

Any suggestions on how to work with PRA for a deletion.  

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Assistance Guidance Needed

Good luck!

Unless they are acting like it's an active revolving account, I don't think you can do much except DV it. I am not sure what state you are in or the SOL on credit items are (some are 3 or 3.5 years) before they can sue you. If you receive a settlement offer mull it over if it's feasible and in writing.

Just search these boards for PRA and you will find more than enough info you will ever need to know about this company and what most folks choose to do with them. From what I read they do not PFD.

I settled.  It wasn't worth the aggrevation.

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got PRA added to my report for a CAP1 CC that was charged off with a DOFD around the end of 2012.

Any suggestions on how to work with PRA for a deletion.  

Thanks

As already suggested DV the CA first but only if you are in a postion to actually settle it if its still inside your states SOL. If the DV sticks then you can move to the PFD and attempt it:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275  Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do you contest the debt, or is it legit, with your primary goal to get it removed from your credit report?

What is the date of their dunning notice?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are reporting as "Terms: 1 month" and one "Failed to Pay" mark for last month.

Does that all seem legit?

I already have CAP1 on there for the same debt and I have been doing SO good at rebuilding this past year and then BOOM this slaps me in the face.  My priority is to get it deleted.  I am thinknig about sending a letter stating that i see the account on my reprot but dont aknowledge as my own, and offer to PFD.  Should I DV first?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.