cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates DELETED finally!!!

tag
Failingupwards
New Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates DELETED finally!!!

I've actually done this for 3 different companies now-- all are reporting as factoring companies. Now, I wait.
Message 21 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow OP, you have just given me new hope. I have sent PRA multiple PFDs via email and mail both with no luck. 

I just looked over my previous TU, EX and EQ reports and found they have reported as a factoring company on 2 of the 3 reports. I submitted my complaint to the BBB this evening, if this works, drinks on me!

Thanks

Message 22 of 69
Failingupwards
New Contributor

Response #2: "Thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to the consumer’s concerns and we regret the initial response was not satisfactory to the consumer.  We have confirmed with Trans Union from our previous inquiry that all information submitted to them by [BUSINESS] has been deleted from the consumer’s credit file. If the consumer should have any additional questions or concerns please have them contact [BUSINESS] at [NUMBER]."

1 down, 2 to go!

Message 23 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Can I pull my reporta from annual credit report to see how pra is filed or does it have to be direct from CRA?
Message 24 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

AGHHH. THIS IS AMAZING!! Yes I am a bit lost just because I am new, looks llike all 3 of mine were picked up by PRA in 2014 as well. I already paid them all off, they just show up on my credit as paid collections. Should I still go ahead and try this too? 

Message 25 of 69
Failingupwards
New Contributor

This was on my offical copy. I scanned them in and filed BBB complaints against the three vendors who were reporting as Factoring Companies. The first one has responded as I copied above. I have responded to the BBB with a copy of the pages from my report to PRA and one other vendor and I'm waiting to see what happens from there.  

Message 26 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Failingupwards wrote:

Response #2: "Thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to the consumer’s concerns and we regret the initial response was not satisfactory to the consumer.  We have confirmed with Trans Union from our previous inquiry that all information submitted to them by [BUSINESS] has been deleted from the consumer’s credit file. If the consumer should have any additional questions or concerns please have them contact [BUSINESS] at [NUMBER]."

1 down, 2 to go!

Awesome, definitely let us know how the other two turn out.

Message 27 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!! I had a collections account from a debt collector who told me that if I paid it in full that it would be reported paid and removed, that was back in April now I've been on a good track with my scores and they still haven't removed that collections account from my report!!! meanwhike my sister in law left a large debt in my husbands name that went to collections and since has been paid off and it was removed from his report.

The company even sent me a letter to show that it was paid off, I need some advice on how to have it deleted!! any help would be great!

Message 28 of 69
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I'm in the same boat, have ongoing BBB complaint and cfpb. PRA also reporting as factoring on my reports, I uploaded more info to BBB and hopefully this will finally end it. In order to sue this, I have to dispute the factoring company now with credit bureaus. They r a piece of work.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 29 of 69
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Does anyone know if a collection from PRA is reporting incorrectly if it is listed in the "Other" section of an Equifax credit report?  It has my debt-to-credit ratio at 100%.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 30 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.