cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates DELETED!!!

tag
nate79416
Regular Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Associates DELETED!!!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo happy right now!!! They were a tough cookie, I started sending PFD via fax, emails etc, so they turned my acct over to one of their attorneys, and I offered the same offer to the attorney and he declined, I then offered to pay the full balance 672 for a deletion, and PFR accepted my offer, I paid last Monday today they are gone from all 3 reports, and I have a deletion letter on its way,  I am now working to get capitol one to delete the charge off, man so glad to get rid of them!!! I was just honest about why I got behind, and offered the full amount, and yes I was still within sol. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates DELETED!!!

I tried PFD with Portfolio. Its a 498$ balance. I didn't offer 100%. I offered 50%.. Reason is because its due to fall off in 8 more months.

I'm sure they would accepted if I offered 100% like you, but I wont consider it lol

Message 2 of 15
kgwinn
New Contributor

Congratulations! I have 4 accounts with them that are killing my chances of buying a house. Would you be willing to message me with the various emails, phone numbers, etc? Were there any particular people who were more helpful?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also love to have the email addresses and fax numbers if you would PM.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 15
nate79416
Regular Contributor

I used all the emails and fax numbers on their website, plus I googled more of their fax numbers

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far emailed a GW. Me thinks I need to be slightly more aggressive.

Congrats btw! 😀 yassssssss!
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid PRA in full over a year ago, the actual account will drop off in Sept 2017.  

Sent my GW emails a couple weeks ago, sent a letter 6 days ago.  Haven't heard anything.

Really hoping they remove.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congratulations!! How long did it take? 

Message 8 of 15
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

BCHops- I would check with the cra's to see if you could get an early deletion...worth a shot!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried with TU. They said call back in a few months.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.