cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates Deletion Success!!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates Deletion Success!!!

Not unless they agree in writing to delete. I wouldn't pay them a dime otherwise. Is it out of SOL?
Message 281 of 710
ewrcjt
Valued Member

Hey Baller4life, will you please pm me the email? Thanks in advance.
Message 282 of 710
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Not unless they agree in writing to delete. I wouldn't pay them a dime otherwise. Is it out of SOL?

Nope. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 283 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

Well you have less leverage. How much is the debt?  How long before  SOL runs out?

Message 284 of 710
ewrcjt
Valued Member

Thanks so much...I'm going to give it a shot: fingers crossed. I will update!
Message 285 of 710
knightfal

It's been 7 days and still no response from PRA. Curious to see if they ever respond. I've now escalated it to cfpb.
FICO trail.... Moving on up!
4/23/14 | TU 617 | EX 624 | EQ 585
5/17/14 | TU 625 | EX 640 | EQ 607
6/04/14 | TU 632 | EX 649 | EQ 619
Goal 700+
Message 286 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

They responded to me same day. But some have had to escalate to CFPB to get a response for some reason. YMMV. Good luck!!
Message 287 of 710
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Well you have less leverage. How much is the debt?  How long before  SOL runs out?

It says placed for collection on 9/25/2012, the balance is 1,145, and was updated 03/07/2014.

Message 288 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ok placed for collection on 9/25/12 but SOL starts from DOFD of the OC. That's the date you need. And your friend can be sued at anytime between now and when the SOL runs out. I would hammer them with pfds to try and get the matter resolved. If that fails tell your friend she could save her money up just in case they do try to sue so she can pay the balance before any court date and just GW them to death. The last thing she wants is for it to turn into a judgment. Have they offered any kind of settlement at all? I would offer 50% of balance in my pfd letter.

Message 289 of 710
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Ok placed for collection on 9/25/12 but SOL starts from DOFD of the OC. That's the date you need. And your friend can be sued at anytime between now and when the SOL runs out. I would hammer them with pfds to try and get the matter resolved. If that fails tell your friend she could save her money up just in case they do try to sue so she can pay the balance before any court date and just GW them to death. The last thing she wants is for it to turn into a judgment. Have they offered any kind of settlement at all? I would offer 50% of balance in my pfd letter.

Here's exactly what she told me .. "They want me to set up payment arrangements of $95.40 per month until April to pay off the balance but she didn't say she was willing to delete it" .. So that's why I was trying to figure out what she should do?

Message 290 of 710
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.