cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates Deletion Success!!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates Deletion Success!!!

Fyi for others battling PRA, it does speed up the process to send screenshot of erroneous CRA reporting to ombudsman in your very first email!!
Message 521 of 710
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please provide the e-mail to me, and a sample of the 623 dispute letter. Thank you for your time and information. You will be blessed.

Message 522 of 710
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you possible send me this email adress as well. I am new and cannot figure out how to pm you yet. Im dealing with them at this moment and hope this will help!

Message 523 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

Sent
Message 524 of 710
kittywitty
Contributor

i disputed with the bureau's twice. one as item verify and second time as not mine. i told the bureau's i wanted to see where i agree to this debt. i also told the CA the same thing and told them a 623 dispute letter was coming next. i just received a letter today that they were closing the account and would delete from bureau's. i hired lexington law as well so could had been their help too. now i'm trying to get rid of the OC ge capital bank which is now some other bank. that dispute ends around 9/25 so i'm not sure about them yet. i received an email from them that they are looking into my inquiry and would send a response when they complete their investigation. wondering what is going to happen.

Message 525 of 710
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting rid of PRA. Good luck with getting rid of GE.
Message 526 of 710
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

PRA is going to give me nightmares.

these fools purchased my 2010 Cap1 debt over a year ago and dropped my score like crazy

I received a letter today stating they purchased my 2010 $600 JC Penney debt. 

So now I'm expecting to see this on my credit report any day now.

This is sad. I'm going to have 4 negatives because of 2 debts.

I haven't tried contacting them in any way yet. I'm in FL and want to make sure everything is past SOL. 

JC falls off 6/17 and Cap1 falls off 7/17. This really sucks. Smiley Sad

Message 527 of 710
Anonymous
Not applicable

Baller, could you please pm me the email address you used? I too am having trouble with these guys. Thanks for this thread!

Message 528 of 710
jaclyn4238
Established Member

what happens if you contact them before sol?

Message 529 of 710
themacstack
Established Member

Back around March of this year I got two letters from Portfolio regarding two debts that they purchased from HSBC.  I disputed using Baller's email and by sending a complaint to the BBB in their area of Virginia.  About 20 days later I got letters from PRA indicating they were closing my accounts with them and sending letters to all three bureaus asking them to remove their tradelines from my credit reports.

Only one ended up getting removed.  I didn't pursue the other at that time because I was in the process of buying my house and just didn't want to have any more craziness on my credit reports.  Today I sent copies of both letters and a dispute letter to all three bureaus.  I can't see why they will not delete the other one now.  I will let you all know.

I am hoping that they also delete the HSBC tradelines.  Both are at zero balance but don't fall off until late 2016.  The good news I have since bought my house and at least at Exp and TR I am in the high 600's.  EQ has one more baddie that is supressing that score a bit.

Message 530 of 710
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.