Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC - DELETED

tag
jman20013
Established Member

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC - DELETED

I am new to the MyFICO boards and I normally don’t post, but I wanted to tell everyone that does post thank you. I have learned allot here and if it wasn’t for the people here I would not have my dream of owning a home this year. I ended up getting a letter from Portfolio about a bill was around 500.00. It said if I paid within 30 days that it would not report (It was not on my credit at the time). So of course from reading about this company here I paid them online right away, well within the 30 days. Well fast forward 3 months while we are getting the credit run for a mortgage this account pops up as paid and closed on one report, and paid/ open with 120+ days late on 2 others. It not only dropped the scores under 640 which is what we needed for approval , it also showed up as a new account so we would have  to wait another year to apply. With the housing market the way it is here, there would be no way we could get a house the size we needed for what we could afford, so we would be stuck renting 4 – 5 more years. So I made a complaint with the BBB (read to do that from here) on 6/6/2013 and stated that they are not following their end of a contract to not report if I paid within 30 days. This morning 6/18/2013 I got a nice email today from the BBB saying the accounts will be deleted.

So Thank You very much 

2/2013 Starting FAKO: EX-574, MyFICO: EQ-560, TU-580
7/15/2013 MyFICO: EX-690, EQ-650, TU-673
(6/2013Lender pulled mid score 669)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
txmomma26
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC - DELETED

Congrats! I know a lot of people around here have had issues with PRA, but my one little dealing with them wasn't so bad.  Here's hoping they delete quickly and  your scores rebound!

Start: (2-26): EQ 602 (Myfico) TU 579 (Credit Karma) EX 634 FAKO
Current: (7-12): EQ 690(myfico) WalmartTU 696 EX 689 (lender 6-3)
1st Goal: 680 across the board - DONE June 2013!
2nd Goal: 725 across the board
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.