cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC DELETED!

tag
blackswan22
New Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC DELETED!

Hi, I had two with them and they removed one. Can you send me the info as well to try to get the other one off please? Good job on your sucess with them. They are awful

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

pm sent

Message 12 of 85
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok not deleted yet but have letters stating they will be deleting from my credit reports!!

For background purposes, I had two accounts with them. They both were super old and I had honest questions about one of them.

I was screamed at by a representative when I politely asked for validation. 

After a month of back and forth, I finally got a manager in the dispute department to pull the call. While we do not agree on screaming, the fact the rep continued to ask me who would have opened these accounts if not me.. and wouldn't let me answer, was evidence enough to being harassive. 

I did file with the CRPB and BBB after the first few managers refused to even listen to the call. 

They responded to the BBB stating that they would be deleting just one but got two letters in the mail listing two separate accounts, each stating they will be closing and deleting each from my reports. 

Thank you for all the support you guys have given me and knowledge. So glad this didn't have to go to court but I was prepared!

@Congrats @Anonymous!  Can you send me the info on how you were able to complete this?  Thanks!

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 13 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pm sent

Message 14 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you pm me also please?
Message 15 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@I have two accounts with them. @Anonymous Please pm me info. Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok not deleted yet but have letters stating they will be deleting from my credit reports!!

For background purposes, I had two accounts with them. They both were super old and I had honest questions about one of them.

I was screamed at by a representative when I politely asked for validation. 

After a month of back and forth, I finally got a manager in the dispute department to pull the call. While we do not agree on screaming, the fact the rep continued to ask me who would have opened these accounts if not me.. and wouldn't let me answer, was evidence enough to being harassive. 

I did file with the CRPB and BBB after the first few managers refused to even listen to the call. 

They responded to the BBB stating that they would be deleting just one but got two letters in the mail listing two separate accounts, each stating they will be closing and deleting each from my reports. 

Thank you for all the support you guys have given me and knowledge. So glad this didn't have to go to court but I was prepared!

I'm 

Message 16 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

pms sent Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 85
blackswan22
New Contributor

I have had a collection with them that they refuse to remove. Well this week I had it. Im trying to buy a house and this collection is the only collection I have and I feel it was preventing my score from being as high as it should be. I called PR and told them this needs to be removed!! I paid them three years ago and enough is enough. The agent sent me to the disputes department where I said the same and the agent said my account has been ourged so the collection should not be on any of my reports and that they will send the bureaus an update asap. I didnt believe them so two days later I called the three credit bureaus and sure enough they confirmed that portfolio recovery was now deleted from my files!!!

Starting Score: EQ 495 Ex 585 TU 582
Current Score: EQ 610 EX 662 TU 682
Goal Score: EQ 680 EX 700 TU 710

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blackswan22 CONGRATS!!! That is crazy that you paid it and they didnt take care of it properly! So glad it is off for you

Message 19 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please PM me the Portfolio information as well. I appreciate it.

Message 20 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.