cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC DELETED!

tag
boomkattack
Established Member

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC DELETED!

Same here, if you could PM your tips, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Starting Scores: EQ 573 | TU 562 | EX 574 (7/2017)
Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ 699 (10/2021) | TU 718 (10/2021) | EX 703 (10/2021)
Goal Score: 750+

Amazon Prime Store - $6000 | CapOne Platinum - $1050 | Mission Lane Visa - $750 | Express Store - $750 | JCrew Store - $750 | CapOne Quicksilver - $700 | Forever21 Store - $250
Message 31 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I wanted to know if I could be PM'd tips too...thank you!

Message 32 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand when you are young and things happen as they do in life and we need to hold ourselves high and know everyone has bad days and unfair things happen to them over the course of their life. No one escapes this fact. And it is true that negative creates negativity. Positive energy does lend it's help to generating more positive energy.

But what about fighting an army of negativity? When I was 14 years old I worked with my family in our business on weekends and in summer. My parents were very good people and I was never forced to work but I liked helping out and in summer my friends we had fun but then everyone was shipped off to the other parent so I was left with cleaning my room or solitary activities which I did but hey I went and worked and made some money. At 16 on my birthday I got my drivers license. By the time I'd graduated high school I had saved money for a car. I had saved up 1,600 bucks which today would be like saving 6,000 and I was going to buy a used car. I had places to go I was very adventurous. But my father took me by a car dealership one Saturday. He didn't want his daughter buying a used car and getting stranded somewhere broke down. He said there are used cars that are just like new cars and lets go take a look. So. We did. This was in 1978 and as we drove past this one dealership my dad and I both caught a glimpse of this pretty red car. We went back to where this car was at. It was the brand new Mazda RX7. And it was beautiful. Ok. So my dad takes my cash I saved up and put it for the down and he had to drive it home because I didn't know how to drive a stick shift car. I knew how to drive my car two hours after I got home. And I made monthly payments to my parents and they let me skip my last payment because I made all my payments on time. By the time I was 19 I already had 4 credit cards. I started a successful business at 19 and things got better and better for me. I own my own home by 29. Two homes by 34. Got married and his credit score rose and it was first time my credit score ever went down…. My husband commented on fact that I had 42 open lines of excellent credit that showed on my credit report. I was raised you are as good as your credit report and your word. And my credit report goes back to 1977. Well I fixed my credit score by paying off some of my husbands small debts that he blew off for one reason or another never thinking about how or if it would come back to hurt him later when buying something important. It did. I've always maintained my life and never ask of others for money. I think it's important to be totally self containing. Don't rely on others. You become a slave to those people. It's bad enough having a boss but having someone else pay your way in life is NOT GOOD JUDGEMENT AT ALL. To much power over the one who needs to ask for money for things. Women especially need to not depend on a man for everything. I'm for love and think two people should get together for various reason but women who do the love thing when it's for the money can't men too it's a horrible relationship 9 outta ten times. And if you have a relationship where your mate makes a lot of monly consistency & you have children and can be home to supervise your children until they move out . Get a job for a couple hours a week when they in school.. never not have money. Always have a stash of your own cash. It's smart. And don't touch it only add to it. Don't charge up credit cards. Don't think it's ok to have thousands in credit card debt because it's not ok. Guard your credit like it gold. I've always worked like I said from age 14, but in the last few years I had events in my life where I had to let someone else be in charge of looking out for me. No one looks out for you better than you should be. And you know I thought since everything's paid off I was set and it okay someone else watching things for me. I didn't need anything else in life I had all I needed. I could and had been using cash for purchases. But you know what? When you have good credit you're a target. And if people know you aren't paying close attention like you once were then it's even worse. People make money selling other people's personal info. Many times it's the people closest to you which is so hard to make yourself believe that. When you have good credit you get it from all sides.when something weird pops up don't shrug it off. Look into it. Get a filing box with a lock on it. Stash it in your kids closet or your garage with your Christmas decorations or something. Keep good records. Always make notes when on the phone with a company about anything even upgrade information and plan changes. Get names and confirmation numbers. Put it all in one notebook you save for all you personal business. . Keep it in your file box. It will save you a lot of time later if something goes way wrong. And later when your life is on limited time you don't want to be using that time being a detective on your own fraud cases and then having to spend the time with creditors and the credit reporting agencies getting things fixed. It literally takes years to fix. I just
recently received a summons for court from a company I had never heard of before. Portfolio Recovery Associates is trying to sue me for a huge problem I have with a major home improvement company where all this money was being withdrawn out of my bank accounts ( 2012,2013,2014) to pay off my account but it never got credited to my account and now Portfolio Recovery Associates which I've been doing much research on is a scam itself is saying I owe them $7000. THey are clever scammers in that they sue people and know that most likely people don't respond to the summons so they win by default. That's a lot of free money to them they really don't own contracts to & if they did buy up a companies charge offs pay pennies on the dollar for the contracts. but they went after it and no one disputed it so they win!!! Crazy crazy stuff that is. And you'll now have a judgement on your credit report. Don't let this happen to you.

Message 33 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was 14 years old I worked with my family in our business on weekends and in summer. My parents were very good people and I was never forced to work but I liked helping out and in summer my friends we had fun but then everyone was shipped off to the other parent so I was left with cleaning my room or solitary activities which I did but hey I went and worked and made some money. At 16 on my birthday I got my drivers license. By the time I'd graduated high school I had saved money for a car. I had saved up 1,600 bucks which today would be like saving 6,000 and I was going to buy a used car. I had places to go I was very adventurous. But my father took me by a car dealership one Saturday. He didn't want his daughter buying a used car and getting stranded somewhere broke down. He said there are used cars that are just like new cars and lets go take a look. So. We did. This was in 1978 and as we drove past this one dealership my dad and I both caught a glimpse of this pretty red car. We went back to where this car was at. It was the brand new Mazda RX7. And it was beautiful. Ok. So my dad takes my cash I saved up and put it for the down and he had to drive it home because I didn't know how to drive a stick shift car. I knew how to drive my car two hours after I got home. And I made monthly payments to my parents and they let me skip my last payment because I made all my payments on time. By the time I was 19 I already had 4 credit cards. I started a successful business at 19 and things got better and better for me. I own my own home by 29. Two homes by 34. Got married and his credit score rose and it was first time my credit score ever went down…. My husband commented on fact that I had 42 open lines of excellent credit that showed on my credit report. I was raised you are as good as your credit report and your word. And my credit report goes back to 1977. Well I fixed my credit score by paying off some of my husbands small debts that he blew off for one reason or another never thinking about how or if it would come back to hurt him later when buying something important. It did. I've always maintained my life and never ask of others for money. I think it's important to be totally self containing. Don't rely on others. You become a slave to those people. It's bad enough having a boss but having someone else pay your way in life is NOT GOOD JUDGEMENT AT ALL. To much power over the one who needs to ask for money for things. Women especially need to not depend on a man for everything. I'm for love and think two people should get together for various reason but women who do the love thing when it's for the money can't men too it's a horrible relationship 9 outta ten times. And if you have a relationship where your mate makes a lot of monly consistency & you have children and can be home to supervise your children until they move out . Get a job for a couple hours a week when they in school.. never not have money. Always have a stash of your own cash. It's smart. And don't touch it only add to it. Don't charge up credit cards. Don't think it's ok to have thousands in credit card debt because it's not ok. Guard your credit like it gold. I've always worked like I said from age 14, but in the last few years I had events in my life where I had to let someone else be in charge of looking out for me. No one looks out for you better than you should be. And you know I thought since everything's paid off I was set and it okay someone else watching things for me. I didn't need anything else in life I had all I needed. I could and had been using cash for purchases. But you know what? When you have good credit you're a target. And if people know you aren't paying close attention like you once were then it's even worse. People make money selling other people's personal info. Many times it's the people closest to you which is so hard to make yourself believe that. When you have good credit you get it from all sides.when something weird pops up don't shrug it off. Look into it. Get a filing box with a lock on it. Stash it in your kids closet or your garage with your Christmas decorations or something. Keep good records. Always make notes when on the phone with a company about anything even upgrade information and plan changes. Get names and confirmation numbers. Put it all in one notebook you save for all you personal business. . Keep it in your file box. It will save you a lot of time later if something goes way wrong. And later when your life is on limited time you don't want to be using that time being a detective on your own fraud cases and then having to spend the time with creditors and the credit reporting agencies getting things fixed. It literally takes years to fix. I just

recently received a summons for court from a company I had never heard of before. Portfolio Recovery Associates is trying to sue me for a huge problem I have with a major home improvement company where all this money was being withdrawn out of my bank accounts ( 2012,2013,2014) to pay off my account but it never got credited to my account and now Portfolio Recovery Associates which I've been doing much research on is a scam itself is saying I owe them $7000. THey are clever scammers in that they sue people and know that most likely people don't respond to the summons so they win by default. That's a lot of free money to them they really don't own contracts to & if they did buy up a companies charge offs pay pennies on the dollar for the contracts. but they went after it and no one disputed it so they win!!! Crazy crazy stuff that is. And you'll now have a judgement on your credit report.  

Message 34 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you.   Keeping good records is key

Message 35 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the rep told you she doesn't know why the balance is what it is that enough to have it thrown out in court.   See they get you by the hair and know you need a security clearance or you are buying a house and it's illegal. 

Message 36 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

marieland wrote:

Ok not deleted yet but have letters stating they will be deleting from my credit reports!!

For background purposes, I had two accounts with them. They both were super old and I had honest questions about one of them.

I was screamed at by a representative when I politely asked for validation. 

After a month of back and forth, I finally got a manager in the dispute department to pull the call. While we do not agree on screaming, the fact the rep continued to ask me who would have opened these accounts if not me.. and wouldn't let me answer, was evidence enough to being harassive. 

I did file with the CRPB and BBB after the first few managers refused to even listen to the call. 

They responded to the BBB stating that they would be deleting just one but got two letters in the mail listing two separate accounts, each stating they will be closing and deleting each from my reports. 

Thank you for all the support you guys have given me and knowledge. So glad this didn't have to go to court but I was prepared!

Will you please also PM me as well? I'm curious what info you have that can't go on these boards but can only be given through a PM. Thank you!

Message 37 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok not deleted yet but have letters stating they will be deleting from my credit reports!!

For background purposes, I had two accounts with them. They both were super old and I had honest questions about one of them.

I was screamed at by a representative when I politely asked for validation. 

After a month of back and forth, I finally got a manager in the dispute department to pull the call. While we do not agree on screaming, the fact the rep continued to ask me who would have opened these accounts if not me.. and wouldn't let me answer, was evidence enough to being harassive. 

I did file with the CRPB and BBB after the first few managers refused to even listen to the call. 

They responded to the BBB stating that they would be deleting just one but got two letters in the mail listing two separate accounts, each stating they will be closing and deleting each from my reports. 

Thank you for all the support you guys have given me and knowledge. So glad this didn't have to go to court but I was prepared!

Will you please also PM me as well? I'm curious what info you have that can't go on these boards but can only be given through a PM. Thank you!

+1, I would be curious to know as well. Currently fighting PRA as well.

Message 38 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 39 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have two accounts with them and having a very difficult time even talking to them about a settlement that I can afford.  I'm judgement proof and they don't even want to work with me.  Can you pm me with your advice?

Message 40 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.