Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates Multiple Hard Credit Pulls

tag
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates Multiple Hard Credit Pulls

If it makes you feel any better, soft inqs don't affect your credit score. I have 3 accounts with PRA and they soft pull me a few times a month.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always put a freeze on all  your CRA to help with this stalking pulls. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read an article about PRA that suggests that they only spend their time on folks that are collectible. I am settling my debt was going to file Chapter 7 but my wife got an inheritance. Not huge but more than we owe. Do you worry about them suing you? Are you planning on paying them? They are offering me 58% right now but I want to get them down to 35%. I hope to settle this week end of month deal. They call us but never leave a message. I think debt buying should be illegal. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read this once. I am not too worried about it. I just don’t like debt buyers. My plan is to take advantage of the loophole 30 day requirement (bureaus must respond in 30 days if not they have to remove) and bombard the bureaus and or find out how Lexington Law does it and do the same. I am going to wait until I have settled all my debt first. I have about 5 more to go. My score is horrible now.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freezing your reports will not prevent CA's from soft or hard pulling if they have collection authority.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.