Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates NIghtmare update and question

tag
kevinlee28
New Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Associates NIghtmare update and question

Well like most of you i have been battling with PRA on an old Cap 1 card that Cap 1 no longer reports. I too have been a victim of them reporting it as a late revolving account. So i sent like 4 disputes to the CFPB and 2 with the BBB. They keep responding with the same BS of they have nothing to do with how CRA report blah blah blah. Well i looked on my Equifax & Experian reports this morning to start new disputes and guess what - THEY WERE DELETED! but on Transunion i came back verified - do you think i should redispute it with Transunion since they are obviusly deleteing them now? Its weird because every response from PRA to the sources they are fighting me- has this happened to you?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates NIghtmare update and question

Once a dispute has been filed, investigated, and concluded,, any subsequent dispute that is substantially the same as a prior dispute can be dismiissed as frivolous or irrelevant without any reinvestigation.  One issue, one requirment at investigation.

What is clearly unknown is who and why the reportings were deleted with the two CRAs.

Since they were not clearly associated with a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation that stated the CRA was deleting and why, they could have been reported to the two CRAs as voluntary deletions by the debt collector.

There is no basis for a requirment to reinvestigate a renewed dispute simply because reporting with another CRA may have been updated or deleted.

The important issue at this juncture would apparently be the outcome of the CFPB complaint, which is a request for their review of whether any violation has occured in the prior handing of the matter.  I would wait for their outcome.

Message 2 of 9
kevinlee28
New Contributor

Checked my capital one score fracker this morning and it's suddenly deleted from trans Union now as well!! PRA is gone!!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEWARE, they will remove them and then put them right back on so they appear to be a new collection. All part of their reindeer games.
Message 4 of 9
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@kevinlee28 wrote:

Well like most of you i have been battling with PRA on an old Cap 1 card that Cap 1 no longer reports. I too have been a victim of them reporting it as a late revolving account. So i sent like 4 disputes to the CFPB and 2 with the BBB. They keep responding with the same BS of they have nothing to do with how CRA report blah blah blah. Well i looked on my Equifax & Experian reports this morning to start new disputes and guess what - THEY WERE DELETED! but on Transunion i came back verified - do you think i should redispute it with Transunion since they are obviusly deleteing them now? Its weird because every response from PRA to the sources they are fighting me- has this happened to you?

I've disputed with all 3, CRA came back with updated, yesterday I received cap 1 statements from PRA.  I don't understand why they sent that as that has NOTHING to do with them reporting my husbands and my collections as closed!  That was my dispute that they are reporting as closed.  Anywaym can you please PM me what you specifically said in your BBB complaint? I've disputed Midland and PRA via CFPB and they won't do anything at all. 

OH and keep your fingers crossed, PRA was removed and re-added to our reports on the same day.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Starting all over again!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are posting a different original balance on mine than what the original creditor says is the original balance. I hope they truly removed yours. But they like to play games. They sp me monthly and report monthly on mine and they are practically the main thing I have left next to my student loans and I refuse to give them more money than what I know was the final balance. 

Message 6 of 9
kevinlee28
New Contributor

It's crazy I just got an actual letter from them today saying that they concluded their investigation and are deleting it from all 3 credit bureaus allow 60days to reflect but it's now gone from all 3!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

they deleted their records from equifax and experian after a dispute back in december and never came back but they stayed on my transunion and they report monthly on it. Since it is a high bill and I just finish removing a bunch of stuff I don't have money for them this minute but I want them gone too. I will deal with them some time this year but I am going to push for pfd with them.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will not pfd.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.