cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates are Liars. Help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery Associates are Liars. Help?

Afternoon all,

I setteled some old cap1 accounts with PRA as the agent of the debt 2 weeks ago and they agreed to send me settlement letters immediately. I have still not recieve comfirmation of settlement from them. For the time being, untill they decied to report to cap1 and cap1 reports to the bureaus that my accounts are setteled my credit reports are still reporting them incorrectly as opened. I pulled my report yesterday.  

How can I get this status changed as soon as possible?

Should I reach out to the Cap 1 EO?

File a dispute with the 3 bureaus?

Thanks,

Portfolio Recovery Associates are Liars don't trust anything they send or say.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates are Liars. Help?

@Anonymous wrote:

Afternoon all,

I setteled some old cap1 accounts with PRA as the agent of the debt 2 weeks ago and they agreed to send me settlement letters immediately. I have still not recieve comfirmation of settlement from them. For the time being, untill they decied to report to cap1 and cap1 reports to the bureaus that my accounts are setteled my credit reports are still reporting them incorrectly as opened. I pulled my report yesterday.  

How can I get this status changed as soon as possible?

Should I reach out to the Cap 1 EO?

File a dispute with the 3 bureaus?

Thanks,

Portfolio Recovery Associates are Liars don't trust anything they send or say.

Send Section 623 dispute directly to Cap-1 if you challenge the way they are reporting.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.