Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates

tag
Goat14
Established Member

Portfolio Recovery Associates

Well lets start from the begining, I had a judgement agianst me from PRA for a total of $3500 for the past five plus years. I have been trying hard to settle all my debt. Yesterday I got a call from a very nice lady with PRA and I was able to talk them down to $1600. I think thats a huge win for me. I finally get it off my record etc. Smiley Wink Now will they have to file a motion in the courts to remove the public records thing off my CR?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates

Did Portfolio agree to file motion to vacate once paid?

If not, they may have only agreed to the settlement amount...

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 2 of 7
Goat14
Established Member

They said within 30 days of payment they will file that. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

I would get that agreement in writing first. I do NOT trust them!
Message 4 of 7
Goat14
Established Member

Well its already been paid. Uh I did call back the other day after the offer of $1600, and they seemed mad at the lady who offered me that amount. Whatever happens, happens. I just hope for the best. Considering this was one of my high debts, I am happy to have it done with. I hated getting calls from them. They are a mean bunch for sure. Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes ! I can't stand them. Good luck to you and I hope they keep their promise.
Message 6 of 7
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

They're PITA'S for sure.  Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.