Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates

tag
floweryu
New Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Associates

I have 2 charged off credit cards: one was Orchard ($300 limit) and the Other Capital One ($1200 limit). Both were sold to PRA. I didn't have a job for very long time and was not able to make payments. I finally got a job and I am willing to pay. I called them about 1 month ago and they were extremely rude and demanded my bank account information. I asked for a written confirmation of the debt and they said they were going to mail it. I never received anything from them. I don't want to pay in full since by now, Orchard is at around $450 and Capital One at $1800 with all the late fees and interest. How do I move forward from here? Can I send a settlement letter? Any suggestions are welcome.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
spectremi

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates

I sent you a private message.

Message 2 of 5
seruby
Frequent Contributor

@spectremi wrote:

I sent you a private message.

Can you send me too?  I have them on my CRs as well for almost $4000.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same situation for a Capitol one charge off for $900 back in 2010. Does anyone have a contact at PRA that will work with you on PFD?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any info you could send me to deal with them would be much appreciated.  They call me almost daily leaving very threatening messages.  they have never once told me who they represent and I have never received anything in the mail from them.  I would like to do a settlement but they are very nasty and aggressive.  

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.