Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Associates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery Associates

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here goes...

I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates about a CC debt to Orchard Bank that I DO NOT recognize or have even heard of? My step-dad may have opened a credit card under my name in early 2007, but I'm not sure about the details (he's a lowlife who is currently doing this to my sister with various cards and her score is sub 500 due to this and she's only 21).

Portfolio Recovery Associates has soft pulled my credit report at least 3 times a week for the past year (this is on my Experian report).

What steps can I take to solve this? My report is clean, 0 negative and 0 derogatory items, can they report it to the bureaus?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio Recovery Associates

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but here goes...

I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates about a CC debt to Orchard Bank that I DO NOT recognize or have even heard of? My step-dad may have opened a credit card under my name in early 2007, but I'm not sure about the details (he's a lowlife who is currently doing this to my sister with various cards and her score is sub 500 due to this and she's only 21).

Portfolio Recovery Associates has soft pulled my credit report at least 3 times a week for the past year (this is on my Experian report).

What steps can I take to solve this? My report is clean, 0 negative and 0 derogatory items, can they report it to the bureaus?

Thanks.

It only be reported to the CRAs if the accounts DoFD hasnt passed 7.5 years. You would need to go thru the ID Theft procedure if it can still be reported,

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.