Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Bailout

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery Bailout

I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates (bottom feeders) offering 70% off of my $5,796.68 or $1,739. They will accept it by 4/08/2009 so my wife and I are thinking of getting these people out of our life.  I'm going to offer a little more cash for a PFD. Anyone had success with a pfd with these scum sucking bottom feeders? thx
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UpandUp
Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Bailout

Have experience with Portfolio Recovery AFFIL (not sure if it's same company).  My debt was past SOL, so DV'd and PFD taking the settlement amount.  Be sure to get it all in writing, and pay with a money order or cashier's check with restrictive endorsement.  After doing all of that, they removed from my CRs
10/10/17: EQ:662, :TU:650, EX:672 - FICO
700 Club, here I come!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Bailout

I HATE Portfolio Recovery & Associates!  I have been sending them letters for over a year now and all they do is call.  I received the same notice about a "tax deal".  I did not go for it because they will probably sell the remainder to another CA.  Plus they said that they will report it settled, so it will do me no good (I think).  I have sent several letters for them to stop calling me and only write, but I get a phone call every day.  I just sent letters to the CEO and a bunch of the directors on their board, so hopefully one of them will agree to a PFD.  Here are the names just incase you would like to send your letters to them.   edited to remove others' names   Hope this helps

OP, I edited the names you mentioned but feel free to PM any info at any time.

Message Edited by llecs on 03-13-2009 11:14 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.