Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery/Cap1

tag
ckelley333
Established Member

Portfolio Recovery/Cap1

I have been in the process of rebuilding my credit and I am down to the last few stragglers.  One in particular is a collection  with Portfolio Recovery Assoc. (PRA).  The amount of the debt is $407 and is five years old. The original creditor is Cap 1.  Cap 1 is not reported on any of my reports and I never went through the trouble to get it deleted because it has not been on there for a few years (for reasons unknown to me).  I guess they just dropped off even though it hasn't been seven years. The problem is the collection attached to the account is actively reporting.  I have tried debt validation several times to no avail.  My question is, if the OC isn't even on my report is there any way to remove the collection associated with it? I want to purchase a home in the next six months and I'm willing to settle but, only if it can't be resolved by other non-monetary means.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery/Cap1

they are worst to deal with, try PFD and be relentless!!! i had collection for cap1, got my cap1 deleted but PRA will not delete even though its paid, i challenged like 10 times, eventually ill get around to a CFPB complaint since they show as a factoring company not a collections agency.

You can either try PFD or directly dispute with PRA by mail challenging them to provide proof that debt is valid and its yours.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.