Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery / Commonwealth / Aargon Agency / Receivables Performance

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Portfolio Recovery / Commonwealth / Aargon Agency / Receivables Performance

Today was a good day. Awww, the feeling of paying off the last of your baddies. I'm including what I did below just for those looking for info on the individual companies by search. I probably could have gotten better settlements, but I hate talking to debt collectors... some of them are just impossible to stay on a call with.

PORTFOLIO RC - Originally HSBC/Orchard Bank - $511

Settled for $383 - wouldn't budge.. and absolutely could not get them to PFD after multiple calls and supervisors.

They were the hardest to work with.

COMMONWEALTH FINANCIAL - Medical Hospital Debt - $897

Settled for $700.00 with PFD. I probably could have gotten a better deal... but I needed the PFD and it was the best they would allow after working on it.

AARGON AGENCY - Originally Six Flags - $544

Settled for $375.00 with PFD. They were very professional and gave me a same day PFD letter.

RECEIVABLES PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT (via JEFFERSON CAPITAL) - Originally Verizon Wireless SE - $1567

Settled for $785.00 (50%) and said if I send in a letter requesting for PFD they will. Obviously I have a risk they won't since not in writing, but I need it gone regardless.

---

NOW all I have left is two very large CAVALRY PORTFOLIO (Bank of America) that are set to fall off my report end of 2015. Been clean for 2 years now and never EVER going back to the life of bad credit.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery / Commonwealth / Aargon Agency / Receivables Performance

Do you plan to make a settlement offer after the collection becomes excluded from your credit report, or simply rely upon exclusion to shield knowledge of the debt?

Message 2 of 4
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Do you plan to make a settlement offer after the collection becomes excluded from your credit report, or simply rely upon exclusion to shield knowledge of the debt?

The debts are from 2008.. SOL is 4 years in Texas and they fall off my credit report in December of this year. They are not able to attempt judgment/sue me due to SOL so once they fall off the report, they won't be able to do anything further due to age as well. Obvously the debt will always be out there, but their ability to post it to my credit report and/or collect on it will be over this year.

I tried countless times to work something out with Cavalry to no avail. They will end up being the ONLY creditor that wouldn't work with me at all and didnt let me pay back. I even called them last month and said "look... SOL is in place... and it is off my report later this year due to age... how about I pay you a percentage for early settlement instead of getting nothing?"  I was very polite.. they didn't even respond. They took my request.. and NOTHING... I dont care how you look at it, they are walking away from free money.. thousands of dollars offered.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dallasareaguy wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

The debts are from 2008.. SOL is 4 years in Texas and they fall off my credit report in December of this year. They are not able to attempt judgment/sue me due to SOL so once they fall off the report, they won't be able to do anything further due to age as well. Obvously the debt will always be out there, but their ability to post it to my credit report and/or collect on it will be over this year.

I tried countless times to work something out with Cavalry to no avail. They will end up being the ONLY creditor that wouldn't work with me at all and didnt let me pay back. I even called them last month and said "look... SOL is in place... and it is off my report later this year due to age... how about I pay you a percentage for early settlement instead of getting nothing?"  I was very polite.. they didn't even respond. They took my request.. and NOTHING... I dont care how you look at it, they are walking away from free money.. thousands of dollars offered.

Since you have already qualified for the QS1, I would suggest closing the Secured Cap One account and apply for a second QS1 card. Or, alternatively, app for the regular QS card now, and if approved close the Predator One account. If they don't approve the QS card, then do the first suggestion.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.