Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery DELETED!!

tag
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Portfolio Recovery DELETED!!

So after going back and forth with these people, my complaint to BBB worked!!!!! I just got their response: Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of our office. Portfolio Recovery Associates has investigated the consumer's dispute, closed the account ending in 3520 and requested that the credit reporting agencies delete our trade line for the account from their consumer reports. So happy right now!! This site/this forum/you smarty-pants FICO geniuses rock my socks!!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio Recovery DELETED!!

Congrats!!!!  They were my toughest one!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 22
Jess421
Contributor

Congrats!! I also just filed a dispute with BBB for them a few days ago. HOpefully i have the same luck

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Message 3 of 22
madmann26
Valued Contributor

If anyone can give me some tips on what they provided in the BBB complaint, I would greatly appreciate it. I've done multiple complaints to no avail.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 22
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

WOOT ^5

"Rock your socks"?!?!?  Hmmm...ima have to use that one when I get home...see if it works on her.

If not, I suppose theres always GW letters.....

Message 5 of 22
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Sarah could you please message me with your message you sent to the BBB?   Thank you!!!!!

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 6 of 22
Kixforpa
Contributor

Would you mind sharing the substance  of the BBB complaint?

~Rebuilding Our Lives~
Message 7 of 22
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! I have done the same thing and am awaiting a response Smiley Happy

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 8 of 22
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

good luck! Let us know how it goes with your complaints! Denver and Madmann - check your PM inbox Smiley Happy just sent you guys what I wrote as my complaint and desired resolution.

Message 9 of 22
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

If someone can tell me how to post a picture, I will post the whole thing from my complaint to their response!!
But here is what I wrote as my complaint: (I just wrote it as if I were my boyfriend)

"Portfolio Recovery is knowingly reporting false information to the credit reporting bureaus. They bought an account from HSBC and have continued to falsely report it as an open, revolving account. They are not allowed to report it as a factoring account and list a past due balance as an installment loan, nor was this account in good standing when they bought it. This is a collection account. I have disputed this account, and asked for verification. They failed to respond in the required days with the information that was requested. This account is further negatively affecting my credit report and score due to this company's false reporting. I am demanding full deletion of this account as a result of not verifying the information or contract allowing them to report it as a factoring trade line account."

I just kind of rambled and it probably has a ton of mistakes, but IT WORKED!! I sent the complaint through the BBB website on 2/11 and Portfolio Recovery responded on 2/14 so it was fast!

Here was their response: "Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of our office. Portfolio Recovery Associates has investigated the consumer's dispute, closed the account ending in 3520 and requested that the credit reporting agencies delete our trade line for the account from their consumer reports."

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.