Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Deleted!!!

tag
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Deleted!!!

Just got the email from credit karma that i have a new account reporting so i was like uhhh whattttt and logged on to check, I think they confused new account with removing collection lol cause the only change was Portfolio was removed!! IDK if it was the CFPB or BBB complaint, I'm leaning to the CFPB because today I received an email from someone at the BBB asking to print, sign, photocopy this "authorization release for information form" and email back until then my case is temporarily closed.  I haven't done that yet, was going to tomorrow but now with them removed should I still send this form to the BBB?

On a side note, feels great to finally getting somewhere with removing one of the toughest.  I'm still waiting to here back from Synchrony and Capital One on my goodwills from last week.  Up tomorrow letter to US Bank EO, keep this momentum going lol.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Deleted!!!

Thats great! How'd you do it?

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good job and if you are dealing with the CFPB leave the BBB complaint alone until the CFPB is completed. You can resurrect it if necessary at a later time.

Message 3 of 5
jrrsmith18
Contributor

@work_n_progress2..... Beginning of this month they updated their balance to $55 from $535. I contacted their ombudsman to pay this amount and they said the credit bureaus were responsible for this change, which they weren't. Submitted a dispute to both the CFPB and BBB, took a week but they're now gone.

@gdale6..... True true. I'll wait for the CFPB reply before I get back to the BBB.

Message 4 of 5
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Excellent work.  I tried to get them deleted through the CFPB because it seemed like they were re-aging the account on mine, but they disputed and said that they weren't and that they were within the FCRA guidelines, so it's still sitting on there.  I think the credit monitoring service I used was listing it differently than the way it showed up on my credit reports when I pulled them from myfico.  It is scheduled to drop off in May of 2016, so I may just dispute them as obsolete at the end of this year.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.