Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Dispute Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery Dispute Success

Today I recived a letter from Portfolio Recovery stating it is deleting a collection account from Capital One for $1,200 due to me disputing it.  I knew I owed the money and was making plans to start a negotiation with them to settle. I still disputed the collection anyway and now its deleted. I wish I did that with another collection I'm currently paying with them but I'm almost done. I also disputed Midland Funding after completing a settlement with them and the account was deleted. I also disputed Stellar Recovery as soon as finished paying the Time Warner collection and that is gone also. Great Week!!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Dispute Success

Please advise how you were able to remove Midland. I have a PIF account but they won't budge. I used a company since I didnt have the time.
Message 2 of 5
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If there was no inaccuracy in the reported information, then a dispute was not proper and could have been dismissed as frivolous or irrrelevant.

Yes, you may have had success by filing a dispute with no showing of inaccuracy, but that is not advocated procedure on this site.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I reported Mildland to BBB because they hired a law firm to collect. I paid the law firm and then I got a letter from Midland saying the account is settled ($597) for way less than what I paid the law firm ($1.003). Midland sent me a letter through BBB saying they were deleting from my credit report.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.