Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery FINALLY DELETED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery FINALLY DELETED!!

So after MUCH back and forth with this company PRA, I awoke to a deletion letter today reading:

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC. (“PRA”) is in receipt of your recent correspondence. To accommodate your concerns, PRA has taken such action as deemed appropriate, i.e. closed the account ending in 0732, requested that the credit report agencies delete our trade line from their consumer reports and determined to refrain from further collections calls or other communications in regard to the account ending in 0732. We will be mailing a responsive letter which you can expect to receive within 5-7 business days.

Thank you,

Consumer Ombudsman

I could
Not be more excited!!!! This was a $400 collection account added in January his year, purchased from a CO CAP ONE account that charged off in 2012. I have been fighting them for weeks. I think it was my complaint to the Attorney General that spooked them .. Literally got the response overnight. Now!! What I am wondering is about my score .. This is my last recent baddie left (Cap One charges off over three years ago).. And when it added to my file my score tanked about 30 points each buruea. So will the removal likely get me a boost ??? Does FICO have a memory like it remembers it was there, even once deleted or does it see it as never occurring ? My scores are all TU 598 EQ 583 EX 582 - up from low 500s in January !!!

Once my UTIL reports lower in a week combined with this deletion I hoping for a score BOOM!!! Anyone who had this removed weigh in -- or any collection account removed. How was your score affected? As a note my AAofA is 7 years, oldest account 13 years. This collection is only about 9 months old on my account! Thank you all for this AMAZING FORUM!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
lachrymosa
Established Member

Re: Portfolio Recovery FINALLY DELETED!!

Awesome, congrats!

I have an account with them as well, and i just submitted a complaint about them through the TX Attorney General website. Did you email them that you made the complaint or did you just wait for a response after filing?
You can't take the sky from me...

Starting scores 8/18/15
Experian 590 Transunion 609 Equifax 620
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also emailed the President. Look on google I can't post here! Best of luck you so got this removed lol.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanna see what this does to score
Message 4 of 13
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I also emailed the President. Look on google I can't post here! Best of luck you so got this removed lol.

Congrats Joey that is exciting!  Can you PM me the email you used and copy what you put in your email?  Thank you!

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is my letter with info edited out!

To whom it may concern:

My name is J, and I am a recently former consumer of Portfolio Recovery Associates. I am writing in regards to my now closed, Paid in Full, account number 5178, purchased by Portfolio Recovery Associates from Capital One. .

Upon speaking with several supervisors at Portfolio Recovery, I was informed that while it is practice to update the credit reports as "Paid", I was also informed that if I chose to dispute the account once paid for a removal from my credit file, "Portfolio Recovery would not fight me on this". I have received conflicting information from several different representatives, and due to this and the extenuating circumstances that caused the initial delinquency -- and the fact that I resolved this account in full and amicably -- I am requesting a complete deletion of this account from my three credit reports: Transunion, Experian and Equifax. This account was Paid in Full on August 12, 2015, via telephone, using electronic check -- as of today's date, it is still reporting as an open collection with a balance due of $316. I have received my Paid in Full letter as of 8/31/15. However, due to the conflicting information from Portfolio Recovery supervisors and staff, and given the treatment from the staff at your company in regards to this urgent matter, I have filed a formal grievance against Portfolio Recovery Associates with the following entities: 1) Better Business Bureau of Norfolk 2) Attorney General of California and 3) Attorney General of Virginia. Given the misinformation given me, the reason for the collection account, and the Paid in Full status, I believe that a complete removal of this account is warranted, and I will continue to explore every avenue until that is implemented. It is my hope that through this Direct dispute with your agency that we can resolve this situation, prior to the complaints process commencing from these outside agencies.

I have made great strides in my personal and professional life since my recovery, and I am looking to buy my first home early next year. The removal of this PAID collection as a Good Will gesture would be of great benefit to me, and would be appreciated beyond measure. Thank you in advance for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Message 6 of 13
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Here is my letter with info edited out!

To whom it may concern:

My name is J, and I am a recently former consumer of Portfolio Recovery Associates. I am writing in regards to my now closed, Paid in Full, account number 5178, purchased by Portfolio Recovery Associates from Capital One. .

Upon speaking with several supervisors at Portfolio Recovery, I was informed that while it is practice to update the credit reports as "Paid", I was also informed that if I chose to dispute the account once paid for a removal from my credit file, "Portfolio Recovery would not fight me on this". I have received conflicting information from several different representatives, and due to this and the extenuating circumstances that caused the initial delinquency -- and the fact that I resolved this account in full and amicably -- I am requesting a complete deletion of this account from my three credit reports: Transunion, Experian and Equifax. This account was Paid in Full on August 12, 2015, via telephone, using electronic check -- as of today's date, it is still reporting as an open collection with a balance due of $316. I have received my Paid in Full letter as of 8/31/15. However, due to the conflicting information from Portfolio Recovery supervisors and staff, and given the treatment from the staff at your company in regards to this urgent matter, I have filed a formal grievance against Portfolio Recovery Associates with the following entities: 1) Better Business Bureau of Norfolk 2) Attorney General of California and 3) Attorney General of Virginia. Given the misinformation given me, the reason for the collection account, and the Paid in Full status, I believe that a complete removal of this account is warranted, and I will continue to explore every avenue until that is implemented. It is my hope that through this Direct dispute with your agency that we can resolve this situation, prior to the complaints process commencing from these outside agencies.

I have made great strides in my personal and professional life since my recovery, and I am looking to buy my first home early next year. The removal of this PAID collection as a Good Will gesture would be of great benefit to me, and would be appreciated beyond measure. Thank you in advance for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks Joey!!! =)  Can't wait to hear about  your score bump!    Have a great day!

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ! I'm sure hoping!!!! You as well
Message 8 of 13
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@lachrymosa wrote:
Awesome, congrats!

I have an account with them as well, and i just submitted a complaint about them through the TX Attorney General website. Did you email them that you made the complaint or did you just wait for a response after filing?

What are y'all saying in your letter to the Attorney General?? On our credit reports, there is a 1 month term which is not correct and listed under credit, not collections which again is not correct and I want them removed ASAP LOL

Starting all over again!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

State hey are reporting incorrect info and provide proof!!! This will escalate it fast
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.