Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Help

tag
turts14
Regular Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Help

I am not having luck with customer service on receiving and PFD does anyone have another contact there or have they had any luck? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Help

They're tough.  I would just try to GW the heck out of them.

Message 2 of 5
jaypeedee
New Contributor

Ahhhh portfolio recovery....They are an interesting bunch.  Saw that they were accessing my wife's CR.  Not sure why, but I am assuming they are trying to find us.  I am surprised they wont take your PFD.  If I owned a junk debt business I would accept PFDs all day.  They bought your debt for nothing, you figure they would settle for anything.

Starting Score: 604
Current Score: TU-632!-4/11/12
USAA CCMP:TU592 EQ574 EX592 UPDATED 3/19/12

Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What if they REALLY jumped on the PFD bandwagon and put a full page ad in the NY Times advising all consumers that if they pay them, they will delete their collection from the consumer's credit report?  That would get a raft of $$!

I would speculate that they might also get their reporting agreement rescinded by the CRAs for blatant disregard of the terms of their agreement........

The more frequent, blantant, and public their acceptance of PFDs based on  payment, the more apparent becomes their disregard for the integrity of the credit reporting system.

Message 4 of 5
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@jaypeedee wrote:

Ahhhh portfolio recovery....They are an interesting bunch.  Saw that they were accessing my wife's CR.  Not sure why, but I am assuming they are trying to find us.  I am surprised they wont take your PFD.  If I owned a junk debt business I would accept PFDs all day.  They bought your debt for nothing, you figure they would settle for anything.

If you accepted PFDs all day, then no bank would send you their business.  Banks rely on accurate reporting to gauge risk for mortgages, credit cards, etc.  They won't want to work with companies that artificially inflate people's scores.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.