Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Help!

tag
Kikimin
New Contributor

Portfolio Recovery Help!

So I have a timely DV filed with Portfolio Recovery which they have not responded to.  As I have understood under FDCPA there is no requirement to respond to a DV but they have to cease collection practices until they do respond.  Well today at 10:15 am I received a call from Portfolio Recovery attempting to collect the debt.  I know that's a violation and I will pursue because they are the bane of my existence.  My question is if I dispute the account with the CRA and they verify the debt is that also a violation? They are advisimg me they have sent validation of the debt on 3/21/16 and 4/7/16 yet I have not received any of it as well requested that I resubmit my DV.  How do I pursue this?

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Help!

@Kikimin wrote:

So I have a timely DV filed with Portfolio Recovery which they have not responded to.  As I have understood under FDCPA there is no requirement to respond to a DV but they have to cease collection practices until they do respond.  Well today at 10:15 am I received a call from Portfolio Recovery attempting to collect the debt.  I know that's a violation and I will pursue because they are the bane of my existence.  My question is if I dispute the account with the CRA and they verify the debt is that also a violation? They are advisimg me they have sent validation of the debt on 3/21/16 and 4/7/16 yet I have not received any of it as well requested that I resubmit my DV.  How do I pursue this?

No. They are required by law (FCRA) to respond to a dispute from the CRA. It is not a violation of FDCPA for them to comply with FCRA.

Message 2 of 3
Kikimin
New Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Help!

Thank you Norman.

My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.