Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery PFD success!

tag
cuteypie
Established Member

Portfolio Recovery PFD success!

Hello all, this is my first posting.  I have learned so much from this forum.  I started reading myfico around December 2009 and have since been determined to clean up my credit report.  Every Sunday evening, I dedicate myself to writing and emailing PFDs.  So to make a long story short, I have been writing PFD letters to Portfolio Recovery and received 5 responses something like, “we cannot delete trade lines or alter information."  Therefore, I was about to give up and something told me to send another email last Sunday.  Opened my email on Monday morning and received another email stating cannot delete blah, blah, blah... Then today received another email ...,”your last emailed has been forwared to senior accounts manager and we have decided to delete your account from all three bureaus as of today... your will receive a letter in the mail." YAY!  I am so happy.  This account was the most difficult collection PFD so far!  Therefore, I say all this to say that persistence with PFDs really really pays off!  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89
ShowCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery PFD success!

Cuteypie,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations.

Starting Score: EQ-686 TU 703
Current Score: EQ-695 TU 713
Goal Score: EQ-800 TU 800

href="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=FC&thread.id=1">Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Was your entire correspondance with them via e-mail?
Message 3 of 90
mocha76
Contributor

Congratulations!!!  I actually just received an email back from them saying that they will not delete but would mark paid in full or settled in full.  Would you mind PMing me the email address that you used?
CH13 BK discharged 4/17 Starting Scores 4/17 EQ 579 TU 502 EX 504 9/17 EQ 662 TU 640 EX 670

NC SECU/$1,500, Lowe's/$1,000, Capital One QS/$750
Message 4 of 90
cuteypie
Established Member

This is the email address I used: Mod Cut! is his name.  I emailed him back and forth approximately 5 times and the last time he replied he said that he forwarded my email to the senior accounts manager.  Good luck and let me know your outcome!

Hi there! In the future, please refrain from posting the personal information of others, including names, phones numbers and email addresses, doing so violates this forum's terms of service and user guidelines. If you wish to share information, please do so by using this forum's "private message" system.

Thank you for your cooperation!

-- fused, myfico moderator

Message Edited by fused on 03-02-2010 08:44 AM
Message 5 of 90
cuteypie
Established Member

Yes, I only communicated with them via email
Message 6 of 90
mocha76
Contributor

Thanks!
CH13 BK discharged 4/17 Starting Scores 4/17 EQ 579 TU 502 EX 504 9/17 EQ 662 TU 640 EX 670

NC SECU/$1,500, Lowe's/$1,000, Capital One QS/$750
Message 7 of 90
fused
Moderator Emeritus

cuteypie wrote:
Yes, I only communicated with them via email

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 90
nursev
Valued Member

Hey cuteypie,
Will you pm that email address to me, I have an account that I paid would like to try and get it deleted.
Thanks and congrats to you!
EQ 644 - myFiCO 6/11/13
TU 679 WalMart 6/5/13
TU 690 Merrick 5/15/13
Message 9 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats cuteypie! Smiley Happy

I'm trying to get PR to accept my PFD offer. I haven't heard back from them yet.When you see your fico score increase can you let us know how many points it went up?

swhisper

Message 10 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.