Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery PFD success!

tag
ASCENDANT
Established Member

Re: Portfolio Recovery PFD success!

Hi, Cuteypie 

Congratulations!!!!!  I've been trying to make progress with Portfolio Recovery for the last six months. I haven't been able to find any functional email addresses, and snail mail hasn't worked either. Could you please PM me with the address you had success with. I'd really appreciate it.

Message 21 of 90
nursev
Valued Member

Hey cuteypie,
I checked my EX report this morning and it was gone thanks again for your help!!!!
EQ 644 - myFiCO 6/11/13
TU 679 WalMart 6/5/13
TU 690 Merrick 5/15/13
Message 22 of 90
MzDandylion0527
New Contributor

Hello,

Do you mind personally messaging me the contact name/email you used? Thanks!

My Scores
2009 Below 500 on all scores
April 2011 585 EX 542 TU 516 EQ
Current Score
Aug 2011 630 EX 574 TU 551 EQ
Oct 2011 644 EX 602 TU 560 EQ
Dec 2011 654 EX 605 TU 590 EQ
Goal Score:
720 mid score by September 2012
60 point jump in 6 months!! Praise GOD
Message 23 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I need to resend as I haven't heard anything back yet.
Message 24 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also been trying to deal with this company for months using snail mail.   Could someone please PM me the contact information you've used to email them?  Any and all help is appreciated!  Thanks.

Message 25 of 90
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

Could you please email the contact info as well. Thanks a ton!
Message 26 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

charter communications just called me with credit protection associates

on the line. i had already paid charter 3 years ago in full, but it was still showing as a PIFcollection on my account.

i GW'd 2, then i sent my GW to emails of both companies, even called, no dice.  credit protectassoc. said they wouldn't delete it unless charter told them to.  then today charter called me back, then brought credit protection on the line.  charter agreed to let them delete it.  they said i should get the statement of deletion in my mail and email.

yes!!

so congrats!  we both got good news today

Message 27 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please email the contact info  for Portfolio Recovery as  well. This is the next focus on my every shortening list! Thanks in advance!

Earthbound

Message 28 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

I emailed that same person a PFD offer and got a reply that he closed my account, and it would be removed from my credit report, no cost to me!  Couldn't be happier!  Was 700  714  720... hope this gives me a nice boost!
Message 29 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, I want to send a serious shout out to cutiepie on getting us this information. I've been going through the dispute process with these guys and sending cert. letters to no avail. I waited until this morning to send the e-mail, hoping that it dies down a bit with the person from Portfolio getting hammered from us. I can send you a pm on what I said in my e-mail, but here was his response:

"Your email has been received and noted.  We previously received dispute forms from Experian and Equifax. After reviewing the account it appears that we are unable to obtain supporting documents from HSBC. Therefore, I am closing this account and there will be no further collection activity.  I am requesting that the 3 major credit agencies be notified to remove Portfolio Recovery Associates  from your credit file regarding this account.  A letter of deletion will be forwarded to you for your records."

I can't begin to say how happy I was to get this response. Guess what - no money, and I was even offering pfd! Now - do I have any chance with HSBC (listed as a CO and was verified) now that it appears HSBC has no supporting documents?

Now - if anyone has a good contact for LVNV and Arrow I would be grateful.

Message Edited by montanaman on 03-08-2010 10:35 AM
Message Edited by montanaman on 03-08-2010 10:43 AM
Message 30 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.