Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Removed, Midland, and First Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery Removed, Midland, and First Premier

Hello Everyone! 

I submitted a dispute via Credit Karma regarding a Portfolio Recovery account almost 30 days ago. It was deleted today, and my scores increased by 57 pts! I am so excited! I also submitted disputes for two Midland accounts; in two days, it will be a month since I submitted my dispute. Naturally, I am anxious about how to proceed if the disputes are denied. I don't have access to my EXP (yet) but my TU and EQ show reports show the Midland accounts will be removed in 2018 and 2019. However, First Premier (FP), the OC, is reporting two accounts as charge-offs, too; those won't be removed until 2020. 

Also, Midland tried to obtain a judgment for their accounts in 2014, but the judge refused intial filing because of inaccurate reporting. Now I don't want to "revive" the pursuit for a judgment, but the backwards dating is confusing...

Should I PIF both Midland accounts if the dispute is denied, and then try for a PFD with FP? Has anyone dealt with FP and had success with PFD?

Or should I re-dispute the accounts and errors?

TBH, part of me wants to sImply do nothing and wait until all the TLs fall off by 2020; is this the best way to go? I know ignoring this sounds awful, but credit repair is tough and I'm starting to worry everyday now (driving my DH crazy LOL). 

Thank you in advance for any advice and help! 

CAP 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Removed, Midland, and First Premier

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone! 

I submitted a dispute via Credit Karma regarding a Portfolio Recovery Account almost a month ago. It was deleted today, and my scores increased by 57 pts! I am so excited! I also submitted disputes for two Midland accounts; in two days, it will be a month since I submitted my dispute, so I am anxious as to how to proceed if the disputes are denied. I don't have access to my EXP (yet) but my TU and EQ show there are two accounts from Midland that will be removed in 2018 and 2019. However, First Premier (FP), the OC, is reporting as charge-offs, too, and won't be removed until 2020. 

Also, Midland tried to obtain a judgment for their accounts in 2014, but the judge dismissed both before the case started because of inaccurate reporting.  I don't want to "revive" the pursuit for a judgment, but all of this (the backward dating) is kind of confusing... Should I PIF both Midland accounts if the dispute is denied, and then try for a PFD with FP? (Has anyone dealt with FP had success with PFD?) Or should I re-dispute the accounts and the errors?

TBH, part me wants to sImply do nothing and wait until all the TLs fall off by 2020; is this the best way to go? I know ignoring it sounds awful, but this credit repair is tough work and I'm starting to worry everyday now (driving DH crazy LOL). 

Thank you in advance for any advice and help! 

CAP 

Quite frankly, if the debts are yours and you created them, you should pay them.

What was the basis of the dispute with PRA?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Donny10,

Yes, I understand the debt is mine. I want to pay, but right now I don't have the money to PIF. But, it sounds like settling might be the way to go just to get this resolved.

Regarding PRA, I had an account that was a CO from an identity theft OC account. They removed it.

Thank you for your advice and listening.

CAP 

Message 3 of 13
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

If the collection accounts are set to fall off in 2018 and 2019 there is no way that the OC account should still be on there until 2020.  If FP charged it off and sold the accounts to Midland than you can't pay FP.  Any payments would have to go to Midland.  You could send goodwill letters to FP asking them to remove their reporting but I don't think they would do so.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello EAJuggalo,

Thank you for the advice re: Midland. I have heard horror stories, and don't want to experience something similar. Smiley Wink 

Also, I am going to see what FP does, too. I wonder how this reporting ended up this way, but that's not going to help me much now. 

Thank you again. 

CAP 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Donny10,

Yes, I understand the debt is mine. I want to pay, but right now I don't have the money to PIF. But, it soulds like settling might be the way to go just to get this resolved.

Regarding PRA, I had an account that was a CO from an identity theft OC account. They removed it.

Thank you for your advice and listening.

CAP 

I understand about the money situation. Glad to hear your goal is to either PIF or settle.

Message 6 of 13
kathbos75
Established Member

Search these forums for info regarding getting FP off your credit report.  There were a few inaccuracies in their reporting on my credit report, nothing major but with this information, and help from folks on this board on what info to include in an email to FP, I received a letter stating they would request the CA delete these accounts.  Still waiting for the removal (should be by the end of the month), but I know others have had successs with this as well.  Good Luck!  

Starting Scores: (AUG 2015) EQ: 662 TU: 623 EXP: 654
Current Scores: (JUNE 2017) EQ: 747 TU: 725 EXP: 733
Updated Goal Scores: 775
Message 7 of 13
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Research Midland...I thought they were the agency that would delete upon payment if the collection was old.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello kathbos75,

I just received the dispute results back from CK. It was considered accurate reporting by the FCRA. Strangely enough, I am relieved: I do NOT want Midland to try and go after me via judgment. I'd rather PIF or settle, but I'm also worried about re-starting the clock, hence this staying on my credit report for another 7 years.

Thanks for the advice.

CAP

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello medicgrrl,

I thought so, too, but now I am worried about restarting the clock. I read somewhere just now that if I pay an old debt (mine is four to five years old), that the clock will restart from the time of payment. I want to do the right thing here, but I don't want to be penalized for my mistake another seven years; yikes!

Guess I should do more research as you suggested; thank you for your advice.

CAP

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.