Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery Reporting Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery Reporting Question

I have a collection from Portfolio Recoveries that I just paid because it was still not showing on my report. (In hopes that if paid/closed early it may not report)

They have done FIVE soft inquiries on my Experian in less than one month. One of which is AFTER the account is paid.

3 questions:

1. Has anyone attempted this "pay early" method with Portfolio Recoveries?

2. Has anyone seen this many soft inquiries from a collection agency in such a short amount of time?

3. Will a Fraud Alert maybe prevent their automated reporting system from listing a new collection account?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery Reporting Question

Paying the debt automatically terminates their authority to contnue collection activities, including authority to pull your credit report.

I would send them a written notice that they no longer have collection authority, and that any further credit inquiires will be considered a violation of FCRA 604.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery Reporting Question

The latest soft inquiry was on 12/9.. payment was completed 12/8.

I will keep an eye out for more , then will take your advice and send a written notice.

Thanks for commenting and helping!..much appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.