Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery....To Be Deleted!

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Portfolio Recovery....To Be Deleted!

I am a happy camper right now!!!!  Thanks to a fellow Fico member I received a email address to a higher up at Portfolio Recovery.  I sent them a email sunday evening for assistance with a GW request to have paid collection account deleted.  I received a response this afternoon saying they will contact the 3 reporting agencies to delete from my record!!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you FICO forum.  I probably would not have contacted them.  But I realize that if you don't ask, the answer will always be NO1 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GRILLMASTERNEEDAHOUSE
New Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery....To Be Deleted!

Just sent you a PM. That's great news to here! Congrats!

Grill Master now has a house! Closed 8/26. Yay!
Message 2 of 9
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Congrats! It's funny how many people make it sound like debt buyers and CA's are ruthless and evil, even though behind the scenes, the people that run them are all human and understand what people are going through except the few bad collectors that give the company a bad name.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 3 of 9
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Chopbrocoli wrote:
Congrats! It's funny how many people make it sound like debt buyers and CA's are ruthless and evil, even though behind the scenes, the people that run them are all human and understand what people are going through except the few bad collectors that give the company a bad name.

I think that the first line of people are trained to be a horribl as possible so that they cna get people to pay fast.  I also think that the higher ups can still be horrible but then they will only come out of the woodwork to make the company look good.  Either way my experience with Portfolio has be pretty easy. 

I think it has a lot to do with this forum and people willing to help each other.  I was able to settle my account due in part with a FICO memeber giving me their ccontact info for a particular person.  the same goes for another FICO forum member giving me their contact email for the person who agreed to delete their collection account!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to get that email address, this is my last baddie and i have a payment arrangement which is to go for the next 13 months. I can pay in full today approx $2400.00, I have sent letters return receipt and have yet to hear (20 days). I believe this would do it after this we have student loan 22k and thats it.

I would like once again to thank this site for all the help they give.

thanks

Message 5 of 9
MOMO30
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery...To Be Deleted!

Hi, I also have an account with portfolio recvry its an old con Edison account I would luv to that email address please it would help me out so much I would be so grateful if you could send it to me please thanks in advance I could pay in full when I spoke to a representative she told me she never heard of such a thing (pfd)please if you could help me out  I would be very thankful.
Message 6 of 9
WorkingHard56
Valued Member

Would it be possible for somone to post that email address?

I'm having a tough time finding any for them.  

Message 7 of 9
CreditWarrior21
Regular Contributor

Aquatic-On a seperate note-I see that you were approved for a Hooters card last month. May I inquire what your credit score was when you were approved? It looks like yours is hovering around where mine is and I was just curious.

thanks,

Message 8 of 9
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Istherehope wrote:

Aquatic-On a seperate note-I see that you were approved for a Hooters card last month. May I inquire what your credit score was when you were approved? It looks like yours is hovering around where mine is and I was just curious.

thanks,

I believe that my TU scor was 619 at the time I was approved.  It was for $300 but eveything little bit helps!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.