cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery (UPDATE***DELETED*** I FILED STATEMENT OF SMALL CLAIMS)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery (UPDATE***DELETED*** I FILED STATEMENT OF SMALL CLAIMS)

I have repaired my credit solo. Never used LL. Thanks! I wish you well with PRA. If you do your homework, you can get rid of them too.
Message 91 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure you pay them first...If the debt is yours.
Message 92 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I promise,  I think I've read every post you wrote about PRA. lol   I've been bookmarking helpful information and will re-read carefully to come up with a plan.  

Can you remind me if you settled or PIF?  I have no problem paying, but they have inflated the amount owed by so much, it's the principal of it.  They did nothing to earn almost double the debt, ya know?  My original charge off amount was 2500 and they are trying to get almost 4,000 from me. That's just disgusting. 

Message 93 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I promise,  I think I've read every post you wrote about PRA. lol   I've been bookmarking helpful information and will re-read carefully to come up with a plan.  

Can you remind me if you settled or PIF?  I have no problem paying, but they have inflated the amount owed by so much, it's the principal of it.  They did nothing to earn almost double the debt, ya know?  My original charge off amount was 2500 and they are trying to get almost 4,000 from me. That's just disgusting. 

I settled for a lesser amount. But that was their idea. They said if I pay today (months ago) this is all I have to pay.

Inflating is just one of many of their little reindeer games. Keep reading and when your confident, launch your attack and get them off your reports...

You have to become a biting flea.

Message 94 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filed a motion to dismiss without prejudice and was granted.
Message 95 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread is amazing. I'm glad it worked out in your favor. I may move to MA for a year to get a couple of items off of my credit lol. They don't seem to have the same stipulations here in Illinois for credit agencies. or at least I can't find any wording in the documents that I've looked over in regards to an agency not being able to publish to your CRs :-( I will definitely be bookmarking the thread and reading over again just in case I missed anything that may be applicable or similar here.

With all of the work you put in, if anyone deserved it, YOU definitely did!

Message 96 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would have been interesting if we had gone to court, I did have a Lawyer who would have represented me and felt we would have won. But they deleted and I dismissed it so we will never know....

Message 97 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.