cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery (UPDATE***DELETED*** I FILED STATEMENT OF SMALL CLAIMS)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery (UPDATE I FILED STATEMENT OF SMALL CLAIMS)

Kennerchick, how did your search turn out?

Message 41 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery

@Anonymous wrote:

This was their exact response...

03/10/2016 Receive Business Response 
This communication is from a debt collector: it may contain confidential and/or nonpublic personal information intended solely for the use of the Better Business Bureau of Greater Hampton Roads ("BBB") toward resolution of a consumer's complaint forwarded to Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC ("PRA") by the BBB; dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

PRA is a "Creditor" and a "Debt Collector" as those terms are defined in 209 CMR 18.02. As a "Creditor", PRA furnishes account information to the national credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Appendix E to Part 1022, Title 12 and Part 660, Title 16, Code of Federal Regulations, and the Consumer Data Industry Association's Credit Reporting Resource Guide and applicable state law.

Disputes Counsel
Office of the General Counsel
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
140 Corporate Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23502

18.23: Relationship to Federal Law In the event any inconsistency exists between the provisions of 209 CMR 18.00 and the provisions of federal statutes or regulations relating to the collection of debts or third party loan servicing, such federal law shall control but only to the extent that such federal law provides greater consumer protections than those provided in 209 CMR 18.00..

Message 42 of 97
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This was their exact response...

03/10/2016 Receive Business Response 
This communication is from a debt collector: it may contain confidential and/or nonpublic personal information intended solely for the use of the Better Business Bureau of Greater Hampton Roads ("BBB") toward resolution of a consumer's complaint forwarded to Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC ("PRA") by the BBB; dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

PRA is a "Creditor" and a "Debt Collector" as those terms are defined in 209 CMR 18.02. As a "Creditor", PRA furnishes account information to the national credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion, in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Appendix E to Part 1022, Title 12 and Part 660, Title 16, Code of Federal Regulations, and the Consumer Data Industry Association's Credit Reporting Resource Guide and applicable state law.

Disputes Counsel
Office of the General Counsel
Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
140 Corporate Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23502

18.23: Relationship to Federal Law In the event any inconsistency exists between the provisions of 209 CMR 18.00 and the provisions of federal statutes or regulations relating to the collection of debts or third party loan servicing, such federal law shall control but only to the extent that such federal law provides greater consumer protections than those provided in 209 CMR 18.00..

I can't find anything,  I've been sick all week, just getting better.  I'll search more later.  Even with the link that was provided by Metairie Chick Smiley Wink I don't see anything there

Starting all over again!
Message 43 of 97
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@mere2368 wrote:

Kenner chick - This is the link to the actual law.  I am trying to find more detailed info though, as this is related more to contacting a consumer.  

http://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=107679

Btw.. I am a Metairie chick.  Smiley Wink

Thanks for the link, nice to meet you Smiley Happy

Starting all over again!
Message 44 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

So yesterday April 20, 2016, I get a bill from PRA. The paid collection I am suing them about was paid back in December 2015. The original amount was for $798, they settled for $483, that's what they offered and I took it. They sent a letter, settled and balance $0.

So yesterday, I received a bill for $315! The whole this is an attempt to collect a debt all over the letter.

Well, I call them today and they are doing back flips apologizing over and over saying it was sent in error and how sorry the are.

Uploaded paid documents and new bill proving they are attempting to collect on a debt I had with settled with them to the CFPB.

Message 45 of 97
mere2368
New Contributor

No problem!  Sorry I am just seeing this!

Message 46 of 97
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I never seen this go this far. I have these nutso on my report, reporting monthly for an amazon charge off that has a bunch of incorrect paid dates. I am leaving them for last just to focus on the fight, but this company gets away with a lot, we should all come together in a civil suit so long it has merit. I am sick of them. They call me almost daily also. My tiff with them is the amount being reported is incorrect but they simply come back verified.  They are charging me double than my final bill and yet show no proof of how they got to the amount that they now charge. I only have one collection left and them as my charge off. I wish we could all band together to blast these suckers. Good Luck OP.

Had that problem as well, on a debt with illegal charges.  My CFPB complaint got them removed.  Apparently, they are coming up with more creative answers.

Signature needs updating
Message 47 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never seen this go this far. I have these nutso on my report, reporting monthly for an amazon charge off that has a bunch of incorrect paid dates. I am leaving them for last just to focus on the fight, but this company gets away with a lot, we should all come together in a civil suit so long it has merit. I am sick of them. They call me almost daily also. My tiff with them is the amount being reported is incorrect but they simply come back verified.  They are charging me double than my final bill and yet show no proof of how they got to the amount that they now charge. I only have one collection left and them as my charge off. I wish we could all band together to blast these suckers. Good Luck OP.

Had that problem as well, on a debt with illegal charges.  My CFPB complaint got them removed.  Apparently, they are coming up with more creative answers.

+1....they want to play little reindeer games, so can I. Not sure why they want to go through the time, effort and expense over a paid collection.

Message 48 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noticed today that PRA have removed this collection I am suing them for has been removed from Transunion (not Equifax like I first thought because i looked under collections and remembered they had it listed in the closed accounts section of my file)out of the clear blue. Still showing on Experian and Equifax. Brought my scores up almost 70 points on transunion.because it was my last baddie...

Is this just another reindeer game PRA is playing. I know they can reinsert it at anytime is that correct? It has been paid since december...

Is it because of my lawsuit against them and they are removing just to see if they win or lose in court..

Ideas anyone?????????????????

Message 49 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Noticed today that PRA have removed this collection I am suing them for has been removed from Transunion & Equifax out of the clear blue. Still showing on Experian. Brought my scores up almost 70 points on both reports because it was my last baddie...

Is this just another reindeer game PRA is playing. I know they can reinsert it at anytime is that correct? It has been paid since december...

Is it because of my lawsuit against them and they are removing just to see if they win or lose in court..

Ideas anyone?????????????????

My geuss is they don't want to go to court and possibly get a legal precedent established. Or its more of the on/off reindeer games.

Message 50 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.