Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery is calling?

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Portfolio Recovery is calling?

I keep getting random phone calls which I don't answer.  If I don't know who you are, leave me a message, thanks.  No message, but when I reverse look-up, the numbers are all related to Portfolio Recovery.  Only...I don't know what else I could possible owe?  Pretty much everything I knew about was already on my CRAs and has been dealt with at this point.  I'm worried that something is going to pop up in the middle of a mortgage application...thoughts?  Who do they collect for?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovery is calling?

Someone gave out my phone number, as theirs.

CA's started calling asking for Ms. so and so.

I have told the CA's they dont live here and I have had this same phone number for 26yrs.

Or it maybe a CA is looking for a friend or relative of yours.

By that I mean, when applying for a loan and they ask for 3 family members names or names of friends.

Good Luck on your mortgage app.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.