Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery said NO to PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery said NO to PFD

@Anonymous wrote:

Received the same message when I emailed. I left it at that for 2 weeks and happened to be flipping through my email and decided to reply again. The 2nd time I was granted the PFD if I paid within 2 weeks. I replied telling them that I understand that it is not "standard business practice" but I was hoping this could be done as a one time offer and gave him the reason the account went delinquent in the first place. . Suprisingly, he approved it. Sent me the standard settlement offer and all. I have paid it and waiting on deletion as we speak and plan to keep the email conversation forever just in case they go back on their word. I guess my persistence (or honesty) paid off. Hope this helps.

I just sent a follow up in the same fashion as you did, hopefully he will re-consider.  Thanks again for the tip.

Message 11 of 13
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

Speaking from experience with these people, don't accept this as a final answer. They did the exact thing to me and I fought back.

Here's what I did...contact the local Hampton Roads BBB and file an online complaint and state your complaint in a very logical and positive way. Your explanation will include that your goal is to have the 'small' item deleted from your credit file and you are willing to pay in full once you have written assurance from Portfolio Recovery that they will delete the trade line via eOscar. I used terms such as 'no exception' and 'non-negotiable' to state my position. Believe me...they want your money. They paid pennies on the dollar for the value of your charge off or whatever it is and they want the pay day and they will compromise.

Here's the bottom line with Portfolio. They will delete for payment in full. You just have to stand your ground and it is not going to be an overnight thing. You'll go back and forth for a few months (it took me 9 months) but it was well worth it. My scores jumped over 120 points with the deletions so it is entirely up to you. Perseverance and patience will get you results with them.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IrishPM wrote:

Speaking from experience with these people, don't accept this as a final answer. They did the exact thing to me and I fought back.

Here's what I did...contact the local Hampton Roads BBB and file an online complaint and state your complaint in a very logical and positive way. Your explanation will include that your goal is to have the 'small' item deleted from your credit file and you are willing to pay in full once you have written assurance from Portfolio Recovery that they will delete the trade line via eOscar. I used terms such as 'no exception' and 'non-negotiable' to state my position. Believe me...they want your money. They paid pennies on the dollar for the value of your charge off or whatever it is and they want the pay day and they will compromise.

Here's the bottom line with Portfolio. They will delete for payment in full. You just have to stand your ground and it is not going to be an overnight thing. You'll go back and forth for a few months (it took me 9 months) but it was well worth it. My scores jumped over 120 points with the deletions so it is entirely up to you. Perseverance and patience will get you results with them.

Sincerely thank you for this great information and may have to go that route after all.

After sending my reply last night, Portfolio responded this morning with:

"Mr. Judge:     I certainly understand your situation as I see it countless times everyday.  Our company has taken a firm stand on this matter   in order to protect our privilege to continue reporting with the three bureaus."

Unreal, this debt were talking about is literally just over $400 and I know they bought it for much less from HSBC and I'm offering to PIF.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.