cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery sent me an offer letter...take it or leave it?

tag

Portfolio Recovery sent me an offer letter...take it or leave it?

I received an offer letter from PRA with 3 options: make one single payment of $500 (my debt is $610), pay $40 for 12 months or pay $25 for 24 months.

With the first 2 options, a Settled in Full status and with the 24 month option, a Paid in Full status.

My original debt is with Comenity for a Victoria's Secret Angel card. It was charged off.

I have another charge-off credit card account with First Premier- also with a collections agency but I'm not exactly sure which one off hand.

I want to do a Pay for Delete to have both of these off of my credit but if that isn't likely or won't be accepted, I need to do the next best, most impactful thing...

At the time my cards were charged off, I had multiple late payments on my federal student loans. They didn't default but I had 7-9 months of late payments.
Those late student loan payments will likely not be able to be helped, and so my goal is to take care of what CAN be removed first. I need to do what will have the most positive impact on my score.

Should I accept one of these offers from PRA or should I contact Comenity & First Premier directly?

One last question: does anyone have physical addresses for both of these? I want to make sure my correspondence is received at the correct addresses.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery sent me an offer letter...take it or leave it?

@tryingtogarden04 wrote:

I received an offer letter from PRA with 3 options: make one single payment of $500 (my debt is $610), pay $40 for 12 months or pay $25 for 24 months.

With the first 2 options, a Settled in Full status and with the 24 month option, a Paid in Full status.

My original debt is with Comenity for a Victoria's Secret Angel card. It was charged off.

I have another charge-off credit card account with First Premier- also with a collections agency but I'm not exactly sure which one off hand.

I want to do a Pay for Delete to have both of these off of my credit but if that isn't likely or won't be accepted, I need to do the next best, most impactful thing...

At the time my cards were charged off, I had multiple late payments on my federal student loans. They didn't default but I had 7-9 months of late payments.
Those late student loan payments will likely not be able to be helped, and so my goal is to take care of what CAN be removed first. I need to do what will have the most positive impact on my score.

Should I accept one of these offers from PRA or should I contact Comenity & First Premier directly?

One last question: does anyone have physical addresses for both of these? I want to make sure my correspondence is received at the correct addresses.

If Comenity and First Premier sold the accounts to the collection agencies which chances are they did. It will not do you any good calling the original creditors because if they sold them, they no longer own them and will NOT take payment. They will just refer you to the CA who owns them.

Portfolio will not PFD. And it's difficult to get anywhere with them.

If the debts are yours, you should pay/settle them as quickly as possible. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.