cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovery success and score increase!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio Recovery success and score increase!!!

Oh my goodness!  My score has increased by 26 points in less than a month!  Literally the only things I have done are:  1) opened a Cap One QS1 card w/ a $500 limit, 2) Opened a Cap One Platinum account with a $500 limit, 3) maintained a credit usage of under 10%, and 4) disputed several collection accounts and got a VICTORY against Portfolio Recovery when they removed theirs from my reports. They even sent me an official letter stating that they were removing the account from my bureaus.  My score went up 18 pts after that one account was removed. 

My CCT Experian score was 536 on Oct 5th and was 562 yesterday, Nov 2nd.  I know, that is still AWFUL and there are still a ton of negative items on my reports (collections, public records, etc). but I am just beginning my rebuilding journey so I am super excited right now.  I can't wait until I can get my TU and Equifax scores in a few weeks.  Those were already near 600 so hopefully they will show similar increases. 

From advice I've read on here, I am going to request CLI on both CapOne accts next month (after 3rd statement) and then will be eligible for another (credit steps) at 5 months. I am hoping both will be around $1,500 after all is said and done. Also, once my AMEX balance is paid in full in February, they are giving me an Optima card with a $900 limit and they will show my account as paid in full on the CB's.   All of that should help too. 

Strangely enough, my CK score (which I know is a Fako) has gone DOWN from 645 / 642 to 608 / 611 during the same time frame.  I know it's not real but it is still discouraging to see that.  On the positive, I guess they are are now closer to my real scores when they were highly inflated before.  

To anyone on this long and bumpy road, keep up the work, keep following the wonderful advice on these forums.  It works!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio Recovery success and score increase!!!

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio Recovery success and score increase!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my goodness!  My score has increased by 26 points in less than a month!  Literally the only things I have done are:  1) opened a Cap One QS1 card w/ a $500 limit, 2) Opened a Cap One Platinum account with a $500 limit, 3) maintained a credit usage of under 10%, and 4) disputed several collection accounts and got a VICTORY against Portfolio Recovery when they removed theirs from my reports. They even sent me an official letter stating that they were removing the account from my bureaus.  My score went up 18 pts after that one account was removed. 

My CCT Experian score was 536 on Oct 5th and was 562 yesterday, Nov 2nd.  I know, that is still AWFUL and there are still a ton of negative items on my reports (collections, public records, etc). but I am just beginning my rebuilding journey so I am super excited right now.  I can't wait until I can get my TU and Equifax scores in a few weeks.  Those were already near 600 so hopefully they will show similar increases. 

From advice I've read on here, I am going to request CLI on both CapOne accts next month (after 3rd statement) and then will be eligible for another (credit steps) at 5 months. I am hoping both will be around $1,500 after all is said and done. Also, once my AMEX balance is paid in full in February, they are giving me an Optima card with a $900 limit and they will show my account as paid in full on the CB's.   All of that should help too. 

Strangely enough, my CK score (which I know is a Fako) has gone DOWN from 645 / 642 to 608 / 611 during the same time frame.  I know it's not real but it is still discouraging to see that.  On the positive, I guess they are are now closer to my real scores when they were highly inflated before.  

To anyone on this long and bumpy road, keep up the work, keep following the wonderful advice on these forums.  It works!

Congrats!!!!!! You're almost to 600.  Just keep plugging away, and you'll get there.  Your progress is the encouragement we need, especially when we progress seems stagnant. Keep up the good work.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.