Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio Recovey question

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Portfolio Recovey question

Can they list how many days past due? On my equifax report they are not listed in collections but under accounts? I just caught this just now.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

Re: Portfolio Recovey question

not sure what state you are in, but I am in NC.    They are reporting the same way on my credit reports considering themselves a debt buyer.   In NC, it is illegal to do:

NC incorporates a debt buyer under the definition of a collection agency and specifically defines a debt buyer as a person or entity engaged in the business of purchasing delinquent or charged-off consumer loans or consumer credit accounts, or other delinquent consumer debt for collection purposes, whether it collects the debt itself or hires a third party for collection or an attorney-at-law for litigation in order to collect such debt. SB 974 dictates both active and passive asset buyers are considered a collection agency.

My SOL runs out in 14 days and I am about to do battle with them.

Message 2 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I live in IL. I just signed up to score watch had to verify a few things with myFico. Thank god I did. I dunno how I missed them reporting that way need to find out if they can.

Message 3 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

This is how its listed with Equifax.   Credit Account      Portfolio     

Status as of Date opened [?] Date of last activity [?] Largest past balance [?] Account Type [?] Account holder [?] Industry
Jan, 2013
  Jan, 2011  
  Jun, 2010  
  $960  
Open Account
Individual
Factoring Companies
Descriptions [?]
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?]
$1,055120+ days past due$1,055
Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 60 days late 90+ days late
0 times
0 times
0 times
Worst Delinquency [?]
None Reported  
      The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has       been documented on this account.  Your FICO® score evaluates how recently       that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact       it has on your score.  However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive       of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.
Message 4 of 19
Jess421
Contributor

they are listing the same way for me as an accoutn not a collection.  I live in PA and I am unsure if this is illegal here.  They show as collections on 2 of my reports and as an account on another one

Starting Score: CK 519 FICO 498
Current Score: 2/26/13 FICO 590 TU FAKO 639
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

This is due to the fact they are listing themselves as a factoring company which will sometimes list them in the OC category. They are a CA, we know it, they know it.  Now I don't like it but according to the rules, it isn't a violation.  They are not listing monthly lates, only stating the worst delinquency with the OC.  I actually don't see anything wrong with this listing from the information provided.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

The whole system needs to be overhauled!!!! On a side note is there a score watch app for androids?

Message 7 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if there's an app or not, but yes, the whole system needs a good overhauling.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 19
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Actually, they are reporting current status as 120+ days late, they can't do that.  It should say colleciton account or nothing.  In the worst delinquency it should say 120+ days late.

Yes, I firmly agree that there needs to be a complete overhaul in the reporting system.  And as much as I don't want to say it, it is not entirely the CAs fault.  They use the reporting resource and there are just too many loopholes in it.  Ok, an honest CA would do what is intended for them to use but we all have dealt with CA that believe they rule the world.

Message 9 of 19
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Im really confused now. Im actually looking at my EQ report and the same account I posted here is showing nothing in current status. The one I posted was from score watch this morning showing the 120+ from EQ. Shaking my head.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.