Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio potential screw job???

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Portfolio potential screw job???

Well, darn.  I was hoping you could use the SCRA.

Congrats and the fiance and baby!

Message 11 of 50
DaBears
Senior Contributor

YAY!!! Congrats on the baby and fiance!!!!!

tumblr_lj3t79ToKm1qchk28.gif

Message 12 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Haha thanks guys.

Also as much as I feel I can do it myself in time...I went and started with lexington law to help me with sending out all of the letters and stuff since I cant do it from here. Well see maybe if 1-3 can get removed...then I would say its worth the money. I guess ill find out in 30 days.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 50
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@JustinA wrote:

Haha thanks guys.

Also as much as I feel I can do it myself in time...I went and started with lexington law to help me with sending out all of the letters and stuff since I cant do it from here. Well see maybe if 1-3 can get removed...then I would say its worth the money. I guess ill find out in 30 days.

I think LexLaw was a bad decision because they can only do so much on your behalf.. there are certain elements of disputing they simply cannot do..

You have access to internet? Have you considered using third party mailing? I used one of the hundreds of companies that print off and send the letter for you. They even do CMRRR, ect ect.. its a little more money than doing it on your on by walking to your mailbox but then you can control your own repair.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 14 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

My hands are just really tied when it comes to making contact and everything else. I figured it was worth the few hundred to see if they can do something...if not then I guess lesson learned. But It seems like its worth a try. Its my understanding that they basically just verify debts with OC's and being that the large majority of creditors I smoke with today couldnt find my account...maybe it will be hard to verify? Or as a few of them said...dispute it and the OC wont feel its worth the effort digging up a 6 year old paid off account. Ah well. I have a headache thinking about it haha. Who knows maybe it will work...they have 30 days to respond I think...right??

Message 15 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@JustinA wrote:

My hands are just really tied when it comes to making contact and everything else. I figured it was worth the few hundred to see if they can do something...if not then I guess lesson learned. But It seems like its worth a try. Its my understanding that they basically just verify debts with OC's and being that the large majority of creditors I smoke with today couldnt find my account...maybe it will be hard to verify? Or as a few of them said...dispute it and the OC wont feel its worth the effort digging up a 6 year old paid off account. Ah well. I have a headache thinking about it haha. Who knows maybe it will work...they have 30 days to respond I think...right??

LOL  I think you meant spoke.

Message 16 of 50
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@JustinA wrote:

Well, as you said, anything is worth a shot when you can't really do anything else..  People do have some luck with them, because they just dispute everything and see what does or doesn't stick... since you cant make contact or send letters, then yeah, i suppose this really is all you can do right now..

Good luck! hope it works out!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 17 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Speaking of smoke...I need a union break Smiley Wink

I know I could do most of it myself probably...but I just dont have the time or patience to explain a story 532546 times just to be told "we dont do that" or "contact the CA"...I mean cripes if they cant even find it in the system then it must not exist Smiley Wink

Ill give them 6 months. About that time I will be home and really looking to use my VA. I am confident that just with the 3 revolving lines 2 of which havent reported yet...I could probably get the 620 I am aiming for with ease...but I will want a goal after 620 and the charge offs and 120 day lates...will hurt that.

6 months starting meow!

Message 18 of 50
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@JustinA wrote:

LOL  I think you meant spoke.

ROTFLMAO.....Smiley LOL

Message 19 of 50
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Keep in mind with Lexington Law, I have seen 80% of tradelines get relisted. They are not a real law firm!!!!!

Good Luck!!! 

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.