Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio potential screw job???

tag
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Re: Portfolio potential screw job???

Now I done screwed up. My bad I didnt even think about that. Yes they are old debts from my younger days.. We can delete the thread if required. I didn't know I was doing something so unethical. My apologies to everyone.

Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, you're fine.  Just letting you know.

That is one reason we cannot post links to credit repair sights because of the things they do.  And LL is considered a credit repair company.

myFICO doesn't offer credit repair advice but legal ways to rebuild your credit.

Message 32 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Ill cancel the order with LL...I can learn more from here and fix the bad stuff in time.

Message 33 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You know, you can send GW letters via email also.  It doesn't need to be snail mail.

Message 34 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Spent the last 2 days searching for emails...sent to general inquiries....customer service...etc. Received one reply saying "thank you but no". I am not a very patient person...I have off tomorrow so I will try all the numbers and emails again...chances are I will talk to someone different...potentially a different result???

Message 35 of 50
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, you could get different results.  Also, post in the forum for email addresses/contacts for those you need and they will be PM'd to you if someone has them.

You can be told no 100 times but it only takes 1 yes.

Message 36 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

I will continue trying. Its one hell of a pursuit but will pay off in the long run. To be honest I am surprised I have the score I do with so much crap on my report.

Message 37 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Update

Spoke with the manager today...he said accounts recievable tracked the payment early enough and put a halt to it. (my bank account says otherwise). He said to give them until Thursday for it to reflect the cancelled payment on my account. I spoke with my bank yesterday and they said the payment has already gone through...and to be honest I believe my bank any day over a CA.

I told him I wanted this accounted GW'd off of my report and he played dumb and said I have to contact the CB's because there are so many of them and they all operatre differently. While on the phone looking at my CR I told him that both Portfolio and Orchard Bank were reporting the same account on my CR and that isn't allowed to happen...to which he responded "yeh that doesnt sound right...youll have to call the CB after you get the letter of paid in full" and then basically tell them to delete it. So I will try it. For some reason...maybe its because I found out my little girl is healthy and ready to be delivered when I come home...but I found some "understanding" that typical beard and flannel (non hipster) contractors usually dont have. Fact is...the account will be paid in full. And that leave 1 remaining collection account on my CR then I will be fully paid off on past debts.

So what do yall think?

Justin

Message 38 of 50
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@JustinA wrote:

Update

Spoke with the manager today...he said accounts recievable tracked the payment early enough and put a halt to it. (my bank account says otherwise). He said to give them until Thursday for it to reflect the cancelled payment on my account. I spoke with my bank yesterday and they said the payment has already gone through...and to be honest I believe my bank any day over a CA.

I told him I wanted this accounted GW'd off of my report and he played dumb and said I have to contact the CB's because there are so many of them and they all operatre differently. While on the phone looking at my CR I told him that both Portfolio and Orchard Bank were reporting the same account on my CR and that isn't allowed to happen...to which he responded "yeh that doesnt sound right...youll have to call the CB after you get the letter of paid in full" and then basically tell them to delete it. So I will try it. For some reason...maybe its because I found out my little girl is healthy and ready to be delivered when I come home...but I found some "understanding" that typical beard and flannel (non hipster) contractors usually dont have. Fact is...the account will be paid in full. And that leave 1 remaining collection account on my CR then I will be fully paid off on past debts.

So what do yall think?

Justin

Both OC and CA can be listed on your credit reports. The OC will be listed as a charge-off and CA as a collection.

Message 39 of 50
JustinA
Frequent Contributor

Ah ok that makes sense. Well atleast the collection will be "handled". Now when it reports again in 30 days like the manager said...I will no longer have portfolio included as "accounts 60-180, collection, chargeoff"? It will be just another paid account? I guess I am trying to figure out what the advantage of paying collection agencies off is if nothing changes? (Other than paying past debts)

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.