Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio recovery deletion!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio recovery deletion!!!!

I am so elated right now! I have been seriously working on my credit since January and have been trying to get this old capital one credit card paid off but the balance was too large. Long story short the account was sold many times and I askd for verification from the latest collector and I recieved a letter in the mail stating they investigated and decided to deleteee! They said I should see it within 60 days! Have any of you seen them update sooner? I checked CK and they have updated it as if it has come off but I haven't seen an update on myfico?! I am so happy because up until a few months ago I had no cc and now I have two with Capital one(guess they forgave me) my local bank and Victoria Secret. So happy because the account was really cutting into my utilization
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio recovery deletion!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:
I am so elated right now! I have been seriously working on my credit since January and have been trying to get this old capital one credit card paid off but the balance was too large. Long story short the account was sold many times and I askd for verification from the latest collector and I recieved a letter in the mail stating they investigated and decided to deleteee! They said I should see it within 60 days! Have any of you seen them update sooner? I checked CK and they have updated it as if it has come off but I haven't seen an update on myfico?! I am so happy because up until a few months ago I had no cc and now I have two with Capital one(guess they forgave me) my local bank and Victoria Secret. So happy because the account was really cutting into my utilization

Grats on getting the CA off but that doesnt mean that i wont be sent to another CA. If Cap-1 is reporting a balance they still own the acct. and it would be a good time to work something out with them. If they are showing 0 balance and sold/transferred then you need to send Cap-1 a GW letter asking for removal of their TL. It may show up again with a new owner if it in fact has been sold again. Cap-1 does not BL one forever anyone can get back in with them over time.

JDB accounts dont cut into revolving utilization that I know of only OC accounts.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww man! So technically even though they may be deleted I probably should call capital one? I'm worried that if I pay Capone directly it will reage my account and I will have to start all over again. It is scheduled to fall off 2017. Are they usually good with goodwills?
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Aww man! So technically even though they may be deleted I probably should call capital one? I'm worried that if I pay Capone directly it will reage my account and I will have to start all over again. It is scheduled to fall off 2017. Are they usually good with goodwills?

Once a DoFD is set by an account being COed it is that forever it cannot be changed. Is the Cap-1 updating monthly with a balance?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! It is really killing my utilization! 145%!!!. Without it my utilization would only be 46%.some days I just want to give up and wait the two years but I want to buy a house in a few years and also be eligible for card that don't give 500 limits😒
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.