Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio recovery

tag
korunner
Established Member

Re: Portfolio recovery

They are AWFUL I had an account CO and sent to them. I am trying to get them to do a PFD and they will not. I got the manager, etc. They offered me an "immediate" deal to pay $2100 on a $4k debt but only if I give them my bank account number and pay over the phone. He promised me they cannot take more than I verbally agree on, blah blah blah. I want to pay but how can I pay them without them having access to or knowledge of my bank account info? what do you guys do? 

Message 11 of 22
DanielK
Valued Member

I paid them over the phone with my debit card but I made sure they told me the amount multiple times and had them send me a receipt. They were honest in that aspect. I have been trying to get them to delete and felt if I paid it in full, it would help. Nope. They do not delete easily. I just keep sending them GW letters each month in hopes that I'll get someone who will delete it. It's worth it to keep trying. 

28 year old recent college grad
Equifax started at: 557
Current Equifax: 636
Current Experian: 651
Current Transunion: 656
Message 12 of 22
scubaqueen
Valued Member

I have 6 accounts with PRA, they all fall off around the same time in a span of two years.  I'm in limbo to pay them or just let them fall off.  I don't want them to reset the activity date. I'm scared....

Starting Score: 379
Current Score: 568
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 22
scubaqueen
Valued Member

I have 6 accounts with PRA, they all fall off around the same time in a span of two years.  I'm in limbo to pay them or just let them fall off.  I don't want them to reset the activity date. I'm scared....

Message 14 of 22
korunner
Established Member

Well paying them off won't likely raise your score. And they are not known for GW deletions etc. Depends on if you're looking for a mortgage etc. I have one account that was CO and sent to them even though I was still making payments to the original creditor. When I try to call the creditor (synchrony bank) they refuse to speak to me.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

korunner, if i were you i would get a prepaid debit card from walmart or a drugstore and pay them that way they dont have access to any of your accounts.

@korunner wrote:

They are AWFUL I had an account CO and sent to them. I am trying to get them to do a PFD and they will not. I got the manager, etc. They offered me an "immediate" deal to pay $2100 on a $4k debt but only if I give them my bank account number and pay over the phone. He promised me they cannot take more than I verbally agree on, blah blah blah. I want to pay but how can I pay them without them having access to or knowledge of my bank account info? what do you guys do? 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

im sick of them updating every months for the past 3 months so i just set up an agreement to pay them just so it can show paid. i understand they wont pfd after all ive read but at this point i just want the collection activity to stop.

Message 17 of 22
scubaqueen
Valued Member

Account Number: Current Status: 
Account Owner:Individual Account.  High Credit:$1,191
Type of Account Revolving loans have an amount owed which varies from month to month, like a credit card. Installment loans have a fixed number of payments and the same payment due each month, such as a mortgage, car loan or student loan. Option loans require that the entire balance be paid each month. :OpenCredit Limit:N/A
Terms Duration: Terms Frequency: 
Date Opened:03/25/2014  Balance:$1,191
Date Reported:11/06/2014  Amount Past Due:$1,191
Date of Last Payment: Actual Payment Amount:$0
Scheduled Payment Amount:$0Date of Last Activity:N/A
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:06/2014  Months Reviewed:5
Creditor Classification: Activity Description:N/A
Charge Off Amount:$0Deferred Payment Start Date: 
Balloon Payment Amount:$0Balloon Payment Date: 
Date Closed: Type of Loan: 
Date of First Delinquency:02/2011  
Comments:Collection account  

Can a Collection agency report date of major deliquency like this, 

Message 18 of 22
korunner
Established Member

i am finally qualifed for an FHA loan and ONLY if the condition of my loan is to pay off portfolio will i touch it. otherwise no freaking way. i have tried and tried with them and they are threatening. i even filed a complaint with the BBB. 

Message 19 of 22
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

I have them on my credit report too and I tried the email route to validate and the validation they gave was a joke, i could have printed it on letterhead myself. I decided this is one account that will just have to run its course. I will not pay them a dime because the damage is already done at this point and since PRA wont compromise, i wont budge. The debt is beyond the Sol in my state so I will wait a couple of years for this to fall off, I am in no hurry and they wont get a dime from me.  

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.