Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio recovery

tag
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Re: Portfolio recovery

EAJ,

That is freaking AWESOME information to have. It needs to be a sticky here on the forum!

Now to figure out which debts they are barred from collecting... maybe mine is one of them .Smiley Happy

actually they have reported this debt all wrong and frankly if I am patient and let CS360 do their thing I am sure it will go away.

On my Free Annual Report (electronic copy) from TU it only reports that the estimated month and year of removal is 08/2019, which makes the debt have a DOFD of 7/2012, based on subtraction, since the First Deliquency would be 30 days after the payment date that was missed. That account was closed by me and Cap 1 sent me my full security deposit back in 10/2012. This is specific because it was a month after Hurrican Issac hit this area.

the electronic EXP report says "on record until" Jun 2019. this suffers from the same error. I should note that EXP dropped this with a first dispute, actually 45 minutes after I sent in the dispute.

EQ is always odd. I can never get past their validation because they ask all 4 quesitons NOT on my report. I have to call them to do anything. They sent me a printed copy of my Free Annual Report, and it is even more interesting.

The include a Key to read each section of the report. For this section the second entry is Date Account Opened and is defined as The date that the credit grantor opened the account. PRA is a CA not a CG so from the jump they are reporting false information. Then they list the DoFD as 9/2012 which A) it was not deliquent and B) is after the date that PRA reports that the credit grantor said the account was opened. C) could not have been deliquent or Cap 1 would not have sent me back my entire security deposit.

I have never heard from PRA in writing, though since this saga began I have gone through my cell phone bill and found dozens of hangup calls numbers that searching the Internet shows as being PRA collectors. Sometimes two and three a day, and usually mixed with a Blocked number. The only days I have gotten blocked calls since 2013 is the same day PRA numbers appear on my bill as having called for 1 minute, which means in this case a hangup call.

I have never had a message, mail, email anything identifying PRA trying to contact me about a debt or even contact me.

Now to be patient and let CS 360 do their work. If I try and do anything I could reset the reponse time clock that they have started, and I want this over ASAP.

Thanks for the great news and response

Mike

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 21 of 24
ScarlettClone
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently sent a Settle for Delete letter to Portfolio for my dh. The total CO was $1000, I offered $500 (in the form of cashiers check). In addition, I specifically requested that the deragatory account be deleted from all three Credit Reporting Agencies and that by processing the cashiers check, they were agreeing to the terms set forth. Fast forward a week later the check was cashed, within a month we received a letter stating balance was zero and the account was being processed to be removed from all three CRA's. Today, it has been completely deleted and his FICO score has jumped 17pts on average across the board.

Do you still have a copy of the eact wording you used in the letter you sent? I have a PFD letter I have sent, but it has not worked so far. I'd like to know what language you used that was more effective.

Message 22 of 24
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

HaleyJen,

Just found out the PRA is under an consent decree, posted a new thread about it.

That means you may have more leverage to get rid of them then anyone knew.

All hail EAJuggalo for providing the information in the first place!

check it out.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Portfolio-Recovery-Associates-PRA-consent-dec...

Mike

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 23 of 24
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Would you mind sharing the contact information for where you sent the letter to PFD? I need to do this with one of the debts i have....

Thanks in advance,

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.