Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio recovery

@haleyjen wrote:

I've given up trying to fight them - they sent me a settlement offer, should I take it?

If the debt is yours, YES.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio recovery

In all honesty, right now I wouldn't take an offer from Portfolio Recovery. They are in the middle of a class action lawsuit and if anything I would see if you fall under the requirements to be a part of the class action lawsuit. Portfolio Recovery harassed me constantly for years on end but because I wasn't ready to rebuild my credit, I just ignored them. This past year, I haven't received any communication from them that I can recall and I thought they had finally given up but just a few days ago, I received notification that I fall under the requirements for their class action suit. The class action suit is for all sorts of reasons including contacting people via cellphone for their debt without having prior consent. Check it out before taking their settlement but definitely don't dispute just for the sake of disputing, especially if its your debt.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.