Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio removed

tag
airborne07
Valued Member

Portfolio removed

I posted a while back that I was working on my dad's credit file.  He only had like 1 or 2 good accounts and 3 collections.  I got 2 of the collections off pretty quick.  Portfolio took a couple of times.  When I would challenge the collection for him, portfolio would answer by sending him the same letter with a diffrent date.  I laughed when they did that as it just made it easier for me.   I checked his stuff recently and Portfolio was finally removed.  I laugh when I hear that a certain CA is hard to deal with.  Reason being is that the back bone of the system is all the same.  It is all about persistance and documentation.  Now his score is approcahing 700.  This is of course if he does what I tell him to do in order to keep building.  You know the saying, you can lead the horse to the water.....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio removed

Good job Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

portfolio recovery? and what type of letter did u send them? Because I am having the same issue with them.

Message 3 of 5
airborne07
Valued Member

It was basically requesting validation of the debt with some minor tweaking.  I would hit up both PR and CRA's at the same time.   When disputing with the CRA's I went into detail as to how PR was just sending the same letter over and over and provided the dates of the letters.  Don't just send a debt validation letter you find off line, use it as a template but you need to actually explain stuff in your words.  I think this is what help tremendously.  Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5
airborne07
Valued Member

Thanks much gdale6!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.