Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio soft inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio soft inquiry

I made a settlement with portfolio and it's been paid off since mid dec. it's showing on my reports as paid as well. Why have they soft pulled my credit 3x since then. I have no more business with them 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Portfolio soft inquiry

Maybe they want to buy some of your collections since they know your trying to settle .
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I made a settlement with portfolio and it's been paid off since mid dec. it's showing on my reports as paid as well. Why have they soft pulled my credit 3x since then. I have no more business with them 

If you have no other debts out there unpaid then it would not be a PP (Permissible Purpose) as you have already settled with them and the collection is closed. Since its a soft I would not worry too much about it

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would suggest pulling a copy of your CR from annualcreditreport.com and reviewing the inquiry code to see what they provided as their permissible purpose.

If you cant get the code from that CR, send the CRA an info request under FCRA 609(a)(1) along with the processing fee of $11.00 and ask for a copy of their statement of permissible purpose.

You can then address the accuracy of their stated permissible purpose.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.