Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio updated 9 point increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio updated 9 point increase

I received an alert today that my fico on experian increased 9 points and it was due to that I recently settled with Portfolio Recovery. They updated my status to settled account with a 0 balance. There was no other activity on my report other than this. I know paying collections doesnt raise your score but something sure happened to mine today.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Portfolio updated 9 point increase

@Anonymous wrote:

I received an alert today that my fico on experian increased 9 points and it was due to that I recently settled with Portfolio Recovery. They updated my status to settled account with a 0 balance. There was no other activity on my report other than this. I know paying collections doesnt raise your score but something sure happened to mine today.

Grats to you Smiley Happy  Now start a campaign of GW letters until you get PRA to remove the TL entirely..

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Was the associated OC account also updated, such as by also reporting the debt to now be $0?

Message 3 of 5
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Was the a credit card that was settled or something else?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC was capital one and they were reporting CO with a 0 balance. Equifax and trans updated today but there was no score change

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.