cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Trade Line UNINTENTIONALLY Deleted Following Dispute...

tag
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

Positive Trade Line UNINTENTIONALLY Deleted Following Dispute...

I had a credit card with Bank of America opened in 2004.  At the time, I no longer wanted the card so I paid it off and closed it in 2007.  (This was before I knew I should just keep the account open since it was in good standing and had no annual fee).  Anyway, upon checking my reports, I noticed that it said "Closed by Credit Grantor," and I read that this statement can be seen negatively by lenders even if the account is listed as never late/good standing.  I just found out that instead of Experian updating the account, after filing a dispute, they deleted it entirely.  It was listed as a positive account that was to remain on my reports until 2017!  Can I contact Experian and explain to them the situation and have it re-inserted?  Now, I'm even more worried since I also disputed the inaccuracy with Equifax and TransUnion around the same time nearly 30 days ago.  I don't want those CRAs to delete it as well!  I can't afford to have the few positive trade lines deleted from my reports; and Experian is my lowest score!  Really frustrated!!!  Smiley Mad

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

Re: Positive Trade Line UNINTENTIONALLY Deleted Following Dispute...

I found out that the positive trade line was also deleted with Equifax and TransUnion.  Talk about disuputing gone wrong!  I called Experian and that was a huge waste of time, but the upside is that I contacted BoA and they told me they will research the deletion and should be able to replace it on my credit profiles.  

Lessons learned: (1) It's not a safe/smart bet to dispute a positive trade line, and (2) If this does happen, the best bet in fixing the issue is to call the original creditor and NOT the CRAs (they can't re-add information once it's been deleted).

Maybe someone out their will read this and avoid this potential hazard in the future!

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.