Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive trade lines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Positive trade lines

Can anyone please tell me if your scores increase as your positive trade lines age? I now have 3 credit cards one with under 10% util and 2 at 0. I also have a car loan. Oldest positive trade line is from Sept 2014. As these age, should I expect my scores to increase, or do I need to wait for the baddies to fall off in 3 years? Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Positive trade lines

Would need more info on baddies to answer correctly.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 baddies all going back to 2011 and 2012. 2 are showing open balances by Chase and 2 are showing $0. I have settled one with midland and am paying on it. The other is a collection showing zero balance from Barclay, which I have not paid.
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As your accounts age, your oldest account and average age of accounts will both increase, which are part of your Length of Credit History category scoring.

However, the specific impact of each on scoring under length of credit history is part of FICO's proprietary trade secret, so no specifics can be provided.

Anecdotal experiences indicate that it takes years to obtain significant score increase, so I would not expect to see any rapid changes.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 4 baddies all going back to 2011 and 2012. 2 are showing open balances by Chase and 2 are showing $0. I have settled one with midland and am paying on it. The other is a collection showing zero balance from Barclay, which I have not paid.

Those unpaid balances will go against your current UTI%. Get them settled as soon as possible.

You generally see some score growth when a revolving account ages past 24 months.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you. I will settle those two Chase accounts.
Message 7 of 8
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, thank you. I will settle those two Chase accounts.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say chase will only accept full payment. Not a bad idea anyway, unless you want to be on their blacklist.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.